• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Favorite tires?

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, Nitto Trail MTs. I will install the 285x75x17s on my 77.

These tires are 33 1/4" Tall when mounted on vehicle and measured with tape measure.

doradoguy

I'm reading what everybody is laying down. Need to do some shopping myself. I run Toyo Open Country 37's on my 97 powerstroke and luv luv them to death do us part. Super quiet and drives like a sports car. I've considered going with a 5.5 lift so I can run them on the bronceee. I currently have installed the 2 inch body lift. Would I need all 5.5 inches of suspension to clear them.

MartyG

Bronco Guru
Just got mine on...Mickey Thompson MTZ...very quiet...look great.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
My all time favorite tire if the "original" dick cepek fun country. Good tread wear and very quiet. Though not made anymore, i just acquired a brand new set 15x36x15's I'm going to put on my 77

If they reproduced them I would buy them.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I'm reading what everybody is laying down. Need to do some shopping myself. I run Toyo Open Country 37's on my 97 powerstroke and luv luv them to death do us part. Super quiet and drives like a sports car. I've considered going with a 5.5 lift so I can run them on the bronceee. I currently have installed the 2 inch body lift. Would I need all 5.5 inches of suspension to clear them.

There's a few guys here running 37's with just the 5.5" sl.
So I would say your fine especially if your just talking about the typical 37 x 12.50.

HOT RAM

Loc.
Shenandoah Valley,VA

I am running 37's on my 74 Bronco with 3.5" Wild Horses lift,3" body lift,and wheel wells opened up with Warflares.Also using Duff's 70/30 long travel shocks with W.H. shock mounts front and rear for better travel.

I haven't hit anything yet ;D

There is a current pic in my gallery,pic #1

Last edited:

74strokerbronco

Loc.
Monmouth, OR
I am running 37's on my 74 Bronco with 3.5" Wild Horses lift,3" body lift,and wheel wells opened up with Warflares.Also using Duff's 70/30 long travel shocks with W.H. shock mounts front and rear for better travel.

I haven't hit anything yet ;D

I think there is a current pic in my gallery

running a 3.5 lift and +1 body and also the duff 70/30 lt shocks as well, and run 36" and 37" swampers with no issues at all. my avatar is with 36" swampers and no body lift.

broncoandy

Loc.
Kingsport
I've got a 74 with a 2 1/2 lift by wildhorses and run BFG KM2 mud terrains. Excellent tire and very quite and balanced easily. Gives that bold look that Broncos crave.

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
Whats your intended use?? Purely street stay with a Radial. If your dual purpose, depends on how much street and how much offraod. What type of offroading do you plan on doing? If its a straight street rig, go with what you think looks the best or the look you are trying to achieve.

1bad76

Loc.
Sedona, AZ
I use 35x12.5 x18 Toyo Mud terrains on my Early Bronco, and my F250. they are great on almost every terrain and they are very road friendly for a aggressive tire. They run very true and take very little weight to balance. (I recommend having your tires Road Force Variation Balanced)
HOWEVER, back when I had a Rubicon LJ built for hard core rock crawling I used the Good Year Kevlar MTR.(35x12.5x15)They stuck to rocks like glue. I feel the MTR Kevlar sidewall reinforcement is the way to go if you will be airing your tires way down for rock crawling.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
For an Original type build and mostly street truck - Michelin LTX AT2

For a Modified, Cut, Lifted and some trails - Nitto Trail Grappler MT

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Probably because they wore like iron and never died. My favorites ever too. I swear I ran a set for 10+ years. Wish they still made 'em.

I wish they still made them!!! If it's not broke, don't fix it!! Why did they stop making those!!!!