• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fender Flares - Who makes the best???

LowCountryEB

Loc.
Charleston, SC
I am getting ready to order fender flares. I have been looking at Jeff's (broncograveyard) and his Bushwacker's. I do not want real big flares like the blue bronco beside this stock (#Pre-Runner Warn 8274 (Upright) Winch Bumper) on page http://www.jamesduff.com/eb/prerunner.html. I want a smaller looking flare that will not get banged up in parking lots etc. I probably will not want to paint them either. Just leave them black. Also, should I install these before or after I paint? I would assume afterwards........Thanks!!!

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Wild Horses Gorilla Warflares are the best. They look the best and are the most flexible so they hold up to bumps and bangs better. The bushwackers are good, but the Gorillas are better.

hd03sporty

Loc.
Tucson AZ
I would have to agree with Thrasher the Gorilla warflares are the best on the market right now...from wild horses they have a deal on them right now also (of course after I bought mine) 225.00 for front and rear the deal is the fronts are blems but if your painting doesnt matter anyway....I installed mine and i love the way they look and are very flexible wont crack or split like the ones i had on my "69" in answer to the painting question (im leaving mine black) i would paint after the install if your painting the whole truck before if your not and you will need to drill holes in the flare for mounting purposes before painting of course...hope this helps

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I've got duffs urethane flares and are flexible. I believe they come in black also. although I had the standard plastic ones for a very long time before old age (20 years) got the better of them if you can wait 20 more I'll let you Know how the urethane holds up

Allen_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sugar Grove Pa
I'm going to be throwing in a vote for the bushwackers. I've been running a set on mine for about 3 yrs. (just before the gorillas came out) they're made of a Poly material, very resistant to abrasion, Little difficult to get paint to stick to, but if you follow the instructions, they work like a charm. The customer support at bushwacker is very good. I won my flares at the fall crawl 3 yrs ago, when I got them home I realized that some of the welting was missing, I called bushwacker and explained that I won them and offered to buy some welting, the rep told me no prob and in two days I received a box with enough welting for 4 flares (and then some) free of charge.
If you're looking for something smaller than the gorilla's my vote is with bushwacker.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Don't get the fiberglass ones. Mine have been on my truck for I don't even know how long (they were on there when I got it), but they don't even compare to the modern offerings. I will be getting some new ones (Warflares) when money permits.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
I destroyed several of the Duff's urethane flares before buying a set of WH Gorilla Warflares (got the discount price too!) I've heard the Bushwhackers are good flares but haven't seen them. You can tie the Gorilla Warflares in a knot and they spring right back. I painted mine, we'll see how it holds up. But even if the paint sheds, I don't care. They are the best flares I've had. Well worth even the full retail price IMHO.

FSRBIKER

Loc.
Oak Ridge, NJ
Anyone have a pic of the Blem WH is talking about on the front Gorilla Flares? Probably will never paint my flares so just interested to see what they are talking about.... but they will get a beating off road so these are the only ones I am considering anyway.

BlackHorse

You will want to make sure you get the Duraflex 2000 material if you choose the Bushwackers or you could end up with the ABS plastic type Bushwackers that look the same but crack at the rivets. I think the Bronco venders carry the good ones but it won't hurt to ask.

komodo72

Loc.
Tennessee
I'm about to order some warflares. Anyone know how noticable the blem is? I'm just gunna leave mine black. Thanks

VTBRNCO

Loc.
Vermont
FYI - To see link the the duff page just delete the period at the end of the web address.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
komodo72 said:
I'm about to order some warflares. Anyone know how noticable the blem is? I'm just gunna leave mine black. Thanks

Maybe I'm just not that critical, or it's because I haven't seen the "good" Gorilla Warflares, but I thought my blems looked pretty good. Mine are painted now so it's too late to get a pic. I'd say buy them. For the price you won't be disappointed, unless perhaps you are building a show truck.

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
I bought a full set of the gorilla warflares this summer. I only have the back ones on now but I love how they look (mine are unpainted) and how flexible they are. They wre easy to put on as well. I really liked how you could customize the angleyou wanted.