• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fess up, whose Bronco is this??????

broncomania

Loc.
nc
wtf ???????? i would rather be seen riding in my underwear rather than seen in that. nice guy or not , that is not going to be safe in a serious rollover.
definately joke of the month.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I had asked some questions a while back about mitering a roll cage. I promise that is not what I was talking about. He could have at least put some padding around it so no one would see it. That's ugly.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Heard this from an old man who wanted me to redo his welds. He said his looks like a bull's ass sowed up with a grapevine.

broncomaster

Loc.
Edgewood,Wa
looks like modern art. would't trust my gourd to those masterpieces. maybe he has attention deficit disorder. Alot of fab time and miles of wire or tons of rods.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Heard this from an old man who wanted me to redo his welds. He said his looks like a bull's ass sowed up with a grapevine.

My dad had a similar saying about my early welding on the farm.

It looks like a monkey sewing up an elephants ass with a grapevine. It's a little rough, but I think it will hold.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Skiddy's gotta chime in on this one - if those aren't booger welds I don't know what is.

scottmcwms

Loc.
Montgomery, TX
Looks like they used pipe and socket weld couplings and bends to make that. I bet that metal around the weld is as brittle as a china plate.

Seriously if that is someone's truck on this forum you need to have your rollcage rebuilt. I don't think that will hold up to anything more than a soft roll onto your side.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Skiddy's gotta chime in on this one - if those aren't booger welds I don't know what is.

You know it;D can someone post the pics I can't get to pirate here at work. btw I just wrote an article for our corporate news letter of some inspections and what inspectors have to deal with that I have came across not here though. I can post it in the OT if anyone wants to read it but it's loooong;)
oh yeah I have a saying also "looks like a bear chit a log chain"

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Ask & ye shall receive

Attachments

• 418.jpg
    418.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 419.jpg
    419.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 420.jpg
    420.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 217

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
OMG that guy ought to be put in jail and not even let drive on the trails anywhere might as well have the PVC pipe from crazy horse on it;D , I know on most runs that I have been on they do inspections and this is why. The horizontal piece looks to be larger pipe welded over the smaller pipe it may hold OK, but the vertical one could probably take a hammer and break it off. some people need to know when to STOP and say I can't do it

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
OMG that guy ought to be put in jail and not even let drive on the trails anywhere might as well have the PVC pipe from crazy horse on it;D , I know on most runs that I have been on they do inspections and this is why. The horizontal piece looks to be larger pipe welded over the smaller pipe it may hold OK, but the vertical one could probably take a hammer and break it off. some people need to know when to STOP and say I can't do it

Ain't that the truth. :eek:

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
I love it!!! My first welds ever didn't look like that! Looks like a one arm drunk blind man with Parkinson's had a try at welding! Love it!

Shawn