• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Final color choice and I'm stuck between 2!

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks everyone! SSDDBronco, thanks for pointing me to the orange. Fell in love with it right away. Perfect color for my project!

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did the paint store have the "original" spray out card shown in your pics , or how/where did you obtain that?

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
I got the original "color card" from the local BMW dealer. The guy took it out of the big 3 ring binder with all of the colors and said "you can just take this, no one is gonna buy a BMW in this color". I didn't know how to take that???

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
I was so glad you didn't go with silver. One day as I was driving down the road, I started counting silver/gray metalic cars. It was unbelievable how many cars are silver or light gray. for every 4 or 5 silvers, there was maybe a light blue, or generic red. Glad you went with the orange, definitely unique. Can't wait to see it together.

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks 71Mass. I knew once I saw it finished that I had made the right choice. I'm very happy with how it came out.

Attachments

• DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 69

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Excellent choice. Keeping a photo of your rig on file for future color reference when I repaint my orange 76.:cool::cool:

Fred

JRED

I went satin grey and love it
602a8e28-9db7-35d8.jpg

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
I thought about a satin color but was worried about keeping it looking nice. That BMW frozen grey is pretty nice!

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got the original "color card" from the local BMW dealer. The guy took it out of the big 3 ring binder with all of the colors and said "you can just take this, no one is gonna buy a BMW in this color". I didn't know how to take that???

Hilarious !

Man , that is coming along nice.
This thread has been very motivating , if you recall from my earlier posts , I've had my eye on the very , very similiar GM Sunset Orange. So , seriously , thanks for posting it. It really helps with the "Bronco Blues" that happen when the project stalls.

Now I need to go visit my Uncle with the Sunset colored Nova/Chevy II and a Beemer dealer and see which I like more !

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was so glad you didn't go with silver. One day as I was driving down the road, I started counting silver/gray metalic cars. It was unbelievable how many cars are silver or light gray. for every 4 or 5 silvers, there was maybe a light blue, or generic red. Glad you went with the orange, definitely unique. Can't wait to see it together.

I learned that while trying to locate a new vehicle with certain options for my wife. silver silver silver silver lt. gray silver silver ..... to infinity.

I'm OK with the deeper darker grays , but good God ! , why sooo much silver !