• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally a production one piece window, vent wing delete kit for the EB!!

jeffh355

So my buddy is a fabricator and decided to help me out and make the one piece windows I wanted. Came out so good he decided to start mass producing them. He is making the instruction manual now and already made all the jigs. Only had to drill 2 holes to mount the new regulator, and will have optional fold away mirrors.

Since he isn't a vendor and hates dealing with shipping/orders etc, he will try and hook up with one of our vendors here. Here are a few crappy pictures for now until he can make something happen. http://mikesmetalworx.com/ (now a Forum vendor)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 2,463
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2,383
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 2,282
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 2,388
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 2,273
Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jeffh355

Best thing is I washed my Bronco this weekend after a trip and no leaks. Also no wind noise anymore when driving. In my case the wing windows were useless with the roll cage, and now I have mirrors that actually work.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Very interested. Not trying to get trade secrets or anything but more info please.

What glass/mirror combo? Can other mirrors can be used? What all comes in the kit? Price?

Tim

OP
OP
J

jeffh355

Very interested. Not trying to get trade secrets or anything but more info please.

What glass/mirror combo? Can other mirrors can be used? What all comes in the kit? Price?

Tim

I would tell you if I knew. I kind of jumped the gun here a bit. He is still negotiating buying in bulk to see what he needs to sell them for. Since he's a friend he just got tired of me complaining about the vent wings all the time and took my Bronco for a month while he figured it all out.

The glass is custom cut, the regulators are F150 units that are heavily modified and custom built parts added. Any mirror can be used but if the customer wants the jeep units he will put inserts in the new front window channel/frame piece and offer the mirrors as an option.

He plans on selling it complete. Remove all the original stuff, drill two holes behind the door panel, add the new front channel assy, window scrapers, window felt, regulator and glass.

As far as pricing I understand he will work with one on the vendors on this forum to bring it to the masses. Honestly I don't think he has contacted anyone yet as he is still writing the instruction manual and working on bulk purchasing. He wants to make 100 sets to start and go from there.

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogue Valley, OR
I wanted to do this originally but ran out of steam. If there was a kit available I'd be in as long as I don't have to use HEEP mirrors! :D

I hate my always moving truck mirrors and useless windwings...

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
One of the nicest things I have seen lately.
Is anything done to the doors that keep it from replacing the wind wing and glass assembly and going back to stock?
Is this power or manual window? My Front roll cage just clear the stock window cranks do you think this would become an issue.

OP
OP
J

jeffh355

One of the nicest things I have seen lately.
Is anything done to the doors that keep it from replacing the wind wing and glass assembly and going back to stock?
Is this power or manual window? My Front roll cage just clear the stock window cranks do you think this would become an issue.

It will use the stock window handles in the stock location. These are manual as the last thing I wanted was anything else to go wrong with the electrical system. ;D I don't think electric units are on the table at this time, but assume he would build anything with the right incentive. And going back to stock is no problem.

OP
OP
J

jeffh355

I didn't plan on being his salesman.... was just showing you guys my new toy. I'll forward him this thread as well as to one of my favorite vendors and see if we can get this going.

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan

I have never done a conversion like this, but I currently have my wing window out of the driver side door. Right below the wing window, there is a piece of metal that looks to be welded across the opening (inboard/outboard) that is about 4-6" in length and runs underneath the wing window. I don't see how I could do this conversion without cutting that piece out. If you wanted to go back stock, that piece may/maynot have to be welded back in place.

Just my .02....

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I would be interested, too.....depending on the price. And, seeing you guys are from the 'left coast' it may be higher than I would like (everything is higher priced out there it seems). I would assume since I have a '68 with the removable frames it might be an easier install???

Let me know when there is a price and more information.

Pops

BanditBronco

another thing to think about is any differences in doors, I assume you had bolt on door frames. Might take a little more to convert a welded set.

stus70brc

Contributor
I'm interested in 3 sets! Keep us posted on here what vender will be selling them!!

OP
OP
J

jeffh355

I have never done a conversion like this, but I currently have my wing window out of the driver side door. Right below the wing window, there is a piece of metal that looks to be welded across the opening (inboard/outboard) that is about 4-6" in length and runs underneath the wing window.

You are correct, I just found out that the piece referred to above needs to be removed.