• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally a production one piece window, vent wing delete kit for the EB!!

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
"Unfortunately, all you people with bolt on window frames will have to source other means to get rid of the air/water leaks from the windwings.

The kit Does Not work with the early bolt on frames due to the inside door handle being in the middle of the door. When the window is rolled up, the regulator contacts the handle mechanism causing interference against the two pieces."

Somehow I just got on this thread.
Above was posted 2 pages back.
Time to go - thanks ALL,

Best of the Season 2 Everyone !

Galt72

Contributor
I just saw a set of these on a bronco at wildhorses 4x4 today. I was very impressed. Fit and finish were excellent and looked like it could have been factory.

navalbronco66

I have a 67 and was wondering if I could switch out the internals to the 70s style so that I could use this kit? What if I went power windows? Really want one piece glass on my mine.

titanmike

You can switch out the latch and door panel to newervstyle and everything will work. I dont have a power option to upgrade to.

titanmike

One piece window kits will work with all bolt on window frames except 66 & 67. The problem with the 66-67 doors is the interior door latch interferes with the regulator.

titanmike

more pictures

Here are some more pictures'

Also coming soon is a mirror bracket kit which allows the attachment of 2007-2015 Jeep Wrangler mirror. See website soon.

Attachments

• cover photo.jpg
    cover photo.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 341
  • Cover picture.jpg
    Cover picture.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 344
  • Kit Copmponents.jpg
    Kit Copmponents.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 381
  • completed side.jpg
    completed side.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 390
  • Completed inside.jpg
    Completed inside.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 336

navalbronco66

You can switch out the latch and door panel to newervstyle and everything will work. I dont have a power option to upgrade to.

Sounds like a plan, I was probably going to order the inside panel and other internals since mine are already all rusted out, bad. Thanks for the info.

titanmike

Window kit is $649.99
Mirror bracket kit is $59.99, includes both left and right mirror brackets. Mirrors are available on rockauto.com for about $35 each as well as many other places. Mirrors are not part of the bracket kit.

LilMixedUp

Loc.
Bonaire
Tried the web site listed above yesterday and got two different Mike's metal works; one in Calif. and one in Az. Either of those correct? I want to order and need someone to take my $$$.

cfshipes@yahoo.com

navalbronco66

Anyone try retrofitting this to a 66-67 door. I have my body guy working on my bronco and would like ideas as to how it's done so i can have the body guy work on this.

titanmike

You either need to rework the regulator to clear the inside door handle by removing the material on the regulator whete the interference occurs or change the onterior to the 68-77 interior handles

navalbronco66

You either need to rework the regulator to clear the inside door handle by removing the material on the regulator whete the interference occurs or change the onterior to the 68-77 interior handles

I was thinking about doing this, been looking online for pics on doing this. I figured if I changed to the 68-77 style interior handles I would have to modify the interior rods that open the door. Though this is the route I was thinking of going .

titanmike

You are correct. Handles, arm rest, rods and everything to do with the interior.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Mike the kit looks awesome and is definitely on my to do list! Can this possibly be converted to power in any way or plans of that coming out? Even with the cranks its still awesome. The wing windows flat out SUCK and they are a PITA to restore FWIW IMHO! Great job!

Galt72

Contributor
Hey man, finally found your site! I would like to order up a window kit but see they are OOS. Getting anymore in soon?

Just saw the floor display at Wild Horses the other day. They may have some in stock.