• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally a production one piece window, vent wing delete kit for the EB!!

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
Titan Mike, I hope you don't get discouraged by some of these negative comments that have been made and just say the hell with this. You do what you need to do... if it be on e-bay or somewhere else. If these guys like them and want them they will buy them no matter where they have to get them.
T-Bird

titanmike

I understand most people don't like Ebay because of the fees, myself included. Problem is I don't have other ways of collecting payments other than Paypal for safety concerns of both parties.

Quality of kits will be top notch. Black powder coated front glass support, new 3/16" tempered glass, new channel for around glass, new felt for inside of window, new weather strip for outside of window (to keep the elements out of the door for you back east people), new scissor type regulators, and complete installation instructions.

If the rear window guides on your doors are in bad shape, (worn or missing felt) I recommend replacing those items along with the new glass kit as they these rear guides are not part of the kit.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I understand most people don't like Ebay because of the fees, myself included. Problem is I don't have other ways of collecting payments other than Paypal for safety concerns of both parties.

Quality of kits will be top notch. Black powder coated front glass support, new 3/16" tempered glass, new channel for around glass, new felt for inside of window, new weather strip for outside of window (to keep the elements out of the door for you back east people), new scissor type regulators, and complete installation instructions.

If the rear window guides on your doors are in bad shape, (worn or missing felt) I recommend replacing those items along with the new glass kit as they these rear guides are not part of the kit.

You can do paypal on here as well and ebay and PayPal are not going to be linked like they were in the past soon. PayPal can be taken anywhere so here is as good as there and even better because your only selling to Bronco nuts at least to get you started and after all it is a Bronco specific part. So pay the one time vendor fee and sell here instead of ebay where they charge you per transactions. Just my two cents

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Titan Mike, I hope you don't get discouraged by some of these negative comments that have been made and just say the hell with this. You do what you need to do... if it be on e-bay or somewhere else. If these guys like them and want them they will buy them no matter where they have to get them.
T-Bird

T-Bird you are correct if the end product is good enough people will buy it weather it's on feeBay or on here where a lot of people have voiced their desire to already buy it.

stagecoach

Loc.
Castro Valley, ca
windows

Titan Mike,
Is there any way of getting an instruction page before buying? I am a old guy and would like to see if I can handle what is needed, or if I have to hire someone to help me. Also what degree of tint is on the windows?
Thank you

Art

AZ73

Bronco Guru
BTW, Love how you did your exhaust. I was thinking about doing that myself but in the end decided not to since at stop lights it would dump out onto all the drivers around here in their Mercedes and Miata convertibles. Then again.........

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Good point Stagecoach.
Some installation guide lines or one of us "cowboy up" and buy a kit and produce a photo collage with captions.

I guess I am asking a lot there. Just nervous about the install of this bitchin' mod.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Either trying to figure out the market, gouge the first few, or ???

Seems like here would be a better place to start. Or we can wait until someone buys a set on ebay and knocks it off.

Good point Stagecoach.
Some installation guide lines or one of us "cowboy up" and buy a kit and produce a photo collage with captions.

I guess I am asking a lot there. Just nervous about the install of this bitchin' mod.

Posting install instructions or even some pics of the install would be cool but like others on here that have done this (mainly thinking of one vendor who got a little upset) things tend to get copied and ripped off.

Which I think hyghlndr nailed it on the head once its on eBay it will definitely be ripped off and copied. I'm not saying don't do it just be aware its going to happen regardless so make sure you have a good product at a good price and 80-90% of the people that want it won't mind paying for it. Sorry if I have come off in other posts as a tool its just a little discouraging to see this posted on here for so long and then see that it will more than likely go to feeBay. You can do PayPal anywhere and still have the protection just don't take payments as friends and if your just testing the waters for sells on here you could just sell the first one or two in the classifieds without paying the contribute fees or vendor fees not that being a contribute is that expensive but it is for some. Personally you have a potential customer line up here you can do PayPal to cover both parts and becoming a vendor is not that expensive I would go here instead of eBay.

Sorry just my two cents and I won't make anymore comments about where you should or shouldn't sell these best of luck.

John

BanditX2

Loc.
NorCal
count me in

If you're keeping track of interested parties, you probably have enough to justify an initial run ;-) me included! nice work and please let us know what you figure out.

localrich

Loc.
Sandy, UT
I sent him a message offering up a ecommerce site and hosting for a song. I like to see the little guy make it and while I don't despise eBay like some, I do like to keep as much of the profits in the little guys hands. It would probably still be PayPal payments but it gives him an avenue for pictures/instructions/replacement parts/new parts/etc and gets away from eBay which should make some people happier.

titanmike

Update for everyone,
I have the parts and I will be doing one more install to make sure everything is up to par. Instruction sheets are complete with 43 illustrations to make sure any body can install this kit.
I will become a vendor on Classic Broncos to make it easier for everyone and the kits should go on sale soon.
Hang in there.

reynard101

Bronco Guru
Update for everyone,
I have the parts and I will be doing one more install to make sure everything is up to par. Instruction sheets are complete with 43 illustrations to make sure any body can install this kit.
I will become a vendor on Classic Broncos to make it easier for everyone and the kits should go on sale soon.
Hang in there.

Awesome. Look forward to seeing the production-ized product.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Any idea if this will work without the window frames. I saw you used a different regulator. Is it stable enough to go frameless and still be able to roll up? This would be awesome with a soft top