• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally built my back seat

adam05ford

Loc.
San Marcos, Texas
I have had my bronco on the road for a couple months now and haven't had a back seat. I was gonna buy one but I finally decided to just build one. I just bent a tube frame with some left over roll cage tube and had the cushions covered at my local canvas shop. Here are some pics.

-Adam

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

HoldMyPocket

Loc.
OC, CA
sorry for the criticism but just something to consider.. that's one swamp-ass inducing seat with no sort of ventilation and just a flat surface area!

OP
OP
adam05ford

adam05ford

Loc.
San Marcos, Texas
Thanks for all of the compliments. I realize the tube doesn't need to be that big but I just figured it would tie in with the roll cage nicely. I really don't have many back seat passengers, its really just so now i have the option if someone wants to ride along now. It is also nice to have something to set stuff on it the back without it rollin all around the place w/o having to tie everything down. Anyway thanks again, this is my first Bronco and I have been lovin every minute of it.

-Adam

74bob

Loc.
Broomfield,CO
Good looking seat. Now you need some type of padded armrest so the rear passengers don't wear the skin off their elbows from them resting on the wheel well coating. LOL

75 Ranger

Hey Adam, great looking seat you built! Now go have a Lone Star beer and relax. :cool:

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you aren't carrying passengers, you might want to stretch the belts out a little longer. If the heavy end drapes over the front of the seat, you won't be digging to find them every time you need them. I know, it would look as purdy, but with only two doors, it is kind of a pain, to get in there and dig around just to locate the seat belts you lost the first time the light turned green.

BCH BRCO

Very nice on the fabrication of the seat frame as well as the cushion!

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
That looks great, still looks stock but much sturdier. What are your side panels made out of? They look great also.