• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally Got My Bronco in NC

pikapp691

Finally picked up my bronco yesterday. Some specs, its a 1971 with the 3 on the tree and 302 V8.. Its a fixer upper but I am just stoked I finally got it. Its not pretty but all the running gear engine, tranny, etc are in great working order. The first couple of fixes are the brakes, carb, and get some exhaust under there. Take a look at the pics and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• side.JPG
    side.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 83
  • engine.JPG
    engine.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 69
  • qtr.JPG
    qtr.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
She's purtier than mine was when I started.....

Have fun!

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
Congrats, let the addiction begin! :)
Looks like a good base to start with. What do you plan to do with it, what motor and trans does it have? What do you plan to start on first?

OP
OP
pikapp691

pikapp691

Future Plans

Just to build it up. I am not going to restore to show quality or anything. I want to make sure I get all the mechanicals straightened out then I will start with the glamour. I need to start on the body after I get it running good. A lot of sanding and preping before any paint. I want to install a 3.5'' lift with larger tires. After that I am not sure. I live in NC so anyone want to talk about EB's let me know. Later Guys.

cisco

if you see someone driving a baby blue uncut 74 around charlotte- gimme a wave :)

looks good. gets addictive!

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
Nc

Where in NC are you at? I am down in Fayettevile (courtesy of Uncle Same).

Red Bronco

Loc.
Los Angeles
Congrats..most of our Broncos start as fixer uppers one time or another but with time and work yours will look good in no time..have fun!!!

raleigh_bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm in Raleigh. Saw a nice green with white top up on Hillsborough St. the Friday night before Homecoming. It looked to be in very good condition.

Good luck with your project. I don't have much in the way of parts except for a manual transmission (3 speed). I do have a little bit of hands on experience with some of the major projects like brakes, wiring, transmission swaps, etc.

Indybronco

Loc.
Twentynine Palms, CA
Congratulations on your find. I'm in Jacksonville if you ever wanna' hook up and ride. I don't do anything too crazy wheelin-wise but I like to cruise the beaches.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Welcome looks like a good start. Is it just me or are the rear wheel wells been cut out....well kind of goofy?

OP
OP
pikapp691

pikapp691

Yeah they are cut

The guy I got it from said the guy before had no idea what he was doing with the back fenders so they do look horrible. I planned on cutting them out anyway and putting some gorilla war flares on them. Thats the worst place on the body anyway so at least I can cut out the bad. Any suggestions guys?

HigginsHorse

Welcome and congrats on the "new" rig. I'm in Raleigh and looking forward to having mine back on the road.

OP
OP
pikapp691

pikapp691

Raleigh Bronco

Hey any guys in Raleigh, email me and let me know your emails. I would like to check out your rigs if all possible. Email me @ pikapp691@yahoo.com

Thanks

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
Welcome to the addiction. I'm just up the road a ways in Salisbury, but there are several people on the board from the immediate Charlotte area. You won't find a more helpful bunch than this board. :cool: