• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally got the spare tire to stay where it should!

lobobronco

My latch went out years ago... and well...I was pretty imaginative with a ratchet strap for a long time. As you guys know the story, I got to thinking there has to be a better way, so I decided to make a better latch (for lack of better words). As I this is my first real fab "type" idea, and I had some scrap laying around (total cost of materials $12.00), here is what I came up with, and it seems to work really well.

As a side note, I don't do the tough wheeling stuff, so it should work for what I do. I don't own a great welder (harbor freight welder-have to learn some how with the funds you have), but the welds are definitely penetrated well. Also, there is rubber between all the metal contact points.

I know it's not is great as a new bumper (or what most of you can do), but being unemployed and using the resources I have I think it might work (and worth a try).....

Hope all have a great weekend!

Matt

Attachments

• DSCN0937.jpg
    DSCN0937.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN0941.jpg
    DSCN0941.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN0940.jpg
    DSCN0940.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 49