• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finish it or let it go ?

a69halfcab

Loc.
Broken Arrow
Due to more demanding projects, it might be time for me to sell my EB.
I can’t decide if I should put additional effort & money into it or sell it as is.
So I’m asking you…what do you think ?…..and what’s it worth as it sits ?

It’s got a fresh 5.0 EFI install, still idles a bit high and the exhaust isn’t complete.
NP435 4-speed trans, 4.56 gears, ARB front locker, Detroit rear, Dana 44 front end
w/ disk brakes, modified ’78 knuckles, warn axles, custom rockers & bumpers,
9500 lb ramsey winch, 3” susp. Lift, 3” body lift, 33” tsl-sx's on wagon wheels.

It runs and drives (with exhaust leak) but it’s a bit rough.
No heater, no stereo and the vacuum windshield wipers no longer work.

Project EB’s on this forum are only getting (only asking) $1500 to $2000…ouch !!
What’s mine worth if I clean it up, fix the exhaust, heater & windshield wipers ?
Any other comments ?

I'm new to the list, is it OK to add big pics like this ?

014%20halfcab.JPG

highrlr

Loc.
Bismarck, ND
i have no idea what it would be worth but i think you would be crazy for getting rid of it with as much work as you have already put into it. Why not just let it sit for a while until you can work on it again? I have been replacing body panels on my bronco for almost a year and this is only the first stage of my project, it is taking so long since if i get burned out on it or run out of money i jsut stop working on it for a while, but I enjoy it and I know it will be very well worth it once im done, plus I know I could never get out of it, what i already have into it. I say stick with it ;D

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
I would keep it. You have obviously put alot of work and money into it. You won't get near what you have in it. Like the previous poster said just put it aside for a while. I have been working on mine on and off for years and it still is nowhere near finished. Just my 2 cents. Of course if you were closer I would offer to buy it.. :cool:

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I would just keep it also, besides I might want to go wheeling with you someday. ;D You have done a lot of work to it sounds like it don't need too much more to finish it. But if you were to sell it you should be able to get at around 3k or maybe more depending on rust ect.

OP
OP
a69halfcab

a69halfcab

Loc.
Broken Arrow
Thanks guys...
I know that I should hang onto it, but I already have a '78 bronco,
'73 corvette and a dune buggy draining my time and finances.

All my bronco buddies have given up their trucks and I (shutter)
don't really want to hang out with the local jeep guys (he,he).

Skiddy, I expect to meet you at this year's Bronco Roundup !!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
a69halfcab said:
Thanks guys...
I know that I should hang onto it, but I already have a '78 bronco,
'73 corvette and a dune buggy draining my time and finances.

All my bronco buddies have given up their trucks and I (shutter)
don't really want to hang out with the local jeep guys (he,he).

Skiddy, I expect to meet you at this year's Bronco Roundup !!
I plan on going for sure. We also will be going to disney towards the spring. I don't blame you for not wanting to hang out with the local heep guys ;)
btw my brother that wheels with us has a 84 lifted and another buddy has a 78 and 76 hear also.

KJHill

Contributor
Loc.
Central WA
If selling it is your decision I'd suggest parting it out. You should be able to make more selling the parts than selling it as is. If you were in my area I'd take it off your hands ;)

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
That sucks...if you do end up parting it out let me know cause I'd really like the axles. I'm in East Texas.

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
I'd keep it! sell the vette and dunebuggy! That is a really nice rig and I'd expect more than $2000 for sure. Just my personal opinoin (which is what you ask for right?)

which automobile is your daily driver? How often do you drive it?

I vote to keep it!
Ben ;D

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Hey guys we are trying to talk him into keeping it, but if he decides to part it out I live the closest so I have first dibs. j/k ;D

OP
OP
a69halfcab

a69halfcab

Loc.
Broken Arrow
Bronco Ben said:
which automobile is your daily driver? How often do you drive it?

I vote to keep it!
Ben ;D

My daily driver is a '97 corvette (just got it).
I'm thinking of getting rid of the DB and both bronco's to concentrate on the two corvettes (sorry).
Letting the EB go would be the hardest, all the mods were done with my buddies help....good times,
but the EB has been sitting around for two years now. I like to move it 30' or so every 3 months.

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Of course I vote on keeping it! That being said... Up north here, seeing something like that with all those mods with only the finishing touches needed, would bring a hell of a lot more than $2000.00.

OP
OP
a69halfcab

a69halfcab

Loc.
Broken Arrow
Eoth said:
Of course I vote on keeping it! That being said... Up north here, seeing something like that with all those mods with only the finishing touches needed, would bring a hell of a lot more than $2000.00.

Thanks Eoth...I origanally paid $3500 for it and spent amost twice that in upgrades.
I'm thinking if I finish it out this spring, I should be able to sell it without much trouble
for my original $3500....no ?

Eoth

Bronco Guru
I know that a lot of guys here would shell out that in a heart beat (me included). As you described it, I would be willing to give you more!

67bondobronc

Put it on Ebay and set the reserve at a high price and see what she will bring. I know there are horor stories about deadbeat bidders and crooks on there but there are also a lot of vehicles sold there.