• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fix your door latch before it's to late!!!

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Here's how to fix a sticking door latch with some added Broncotainment from Mitch. This could save you $ and maybe even your life;D.

[youtube]rj1DGw3_iZc[/youtube]

rmk57

Iv'e owned 50-60 old Fords in my life and I've never come across that problem with a door latch. The nylon bushings that the rods fit into wear out and can give you extra slack.

Also sandblasting a door mechanism is the last thing Id do. Any grit left in there will greatly speed the wear process.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I second the motion for transfer case rebuild video!

I didn't realize there was such a demand. It's one of the easiest rebuilds one can do! I would have made one when I went through mine if I had known people were interested.

Geronimo-6

I didn't realize there was such a demand. It's one of the easiest rebuilds one can do! I would have made one when I went through mine if I had known people were interested.

Don’t live with regrets. I will send you mine and you can film the rebuild. I’m always happy to help.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’ve media blasted dozens of door latches with zero problems. Just clean the media out good as suggested and lube everything up. I like to spray a very light coat of satin clear on the latch after it’s dry. Then work and move all the parts, then lube. Then reinstall.

Great video...nice job.

Andy
Blue71

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Great video! Enjoyed the broncotainment.
The Bronco world wants that transfercase rebuild video.

darkmagus

I just fixed mine. Instead of bending the small tab I just welded on another small piece to the side of it to make it wider. That way it can’t slide into the gap.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I kinda agree with the not sandblasting comment. Maybe not so much for wear issues but for rust issues. As you have effectively removed all the plating that was protecting the metal. Another method for removing the grim is oven cleaner. Ive done it several times doesn't hurt the finish so no future rust issues.