• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Flex Plate vs TC Mismatch

OP
OP
Fitz24

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That looks like a factory 28 oz-in 10.5" 164 tooth flexplate to me.

Hopefully you are correct. New flex plate should be here today or tomorrow. It's a 28 oz, 164 tooth with 10.5" and 11.5" bolt patterns.

Allen_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sugar Grove Pa
I don't think I got the correct number off the block but it is the only one I can see above the starter. May be buried in old oil and dirt. Would help if I knew exactly where the number is lol.
this is looking straight up below where the starter would have been

Attachments

• IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
Fitz24

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
this is looking straight up below where the starter would have been

I think there is something there but it's hard to read. Need to see if I can clean the dirt and rust out to make it visible.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Another potential issue with flex plate fit on 4r70W's is the discrepency of .030+" on not allowing fitment of the TC to the flex plate... I ran into this hassle when I was building my stroker 9 yrs back. Had to buy whatever flex plate fit then took had it nuetral balance.

I documented all this on our local website but can't access it now... :(