• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Floor Pan Body Mount location

bannind

I have the WH 1" body mount kit and have reached a snag. When the thoughtful PO replaced the driver and passenger side floor pans, he did it with straight sheetmetal - thus covering up the holes for the body mount bolts (and then herculined it). Based on the picture below how far over, both A and B do I want to drill for my inital guide hole to get to those bolts? As long as I get the general area I can adjust to the general area after I know I am in the correct location.

Thanks,
dan

Attachments

• FloorPan.jpg
    FloorPan.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 46

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I measured two of the Broncos and for the drivers side center of the bolt head on both I got.

"A" = 9 1/2"

"B" = 3 1/2"

Hope that helps.
Blue71

Coob

Loc.
Houston, Tx
On my ranger I measured

Driver 9 x 16 (Thats kick panel to bolt and seat pan to bolt)
Pass 9 x 31 1/2 (Kick panel to bolt and seat pan to bolt)

Another option is to crawl under and measure from the bolt the inner rocker where the pan meets up. That should get you close.

;D

tcjones76

Loc.
Tyngsboro, Ma
If you cut the nut off the bolt and use a large punch to push the bolt up, it should hit the floor and leave a mark.

saxman

Loc.
Austin, TX
Besides "punching" through, what is the best way to cut through the bed liner and then through the top pan to access the bolt??

tsmustangs

Loc.
All Over
Do as suggested with the bolt from the bottom. Then take a large socket and place over the hole and hit it with a hammer to give you the recess.

Just use a die grinder to get the herculiner off.

Terry