• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Florida Broncopalooza 2009 !!!!

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Florida Bronco Holopawlooza 2009 Is Going To Be :

Nov. 7-8 @ Holopaw ( Its Lil South Of Orlando On 441 )

Co Guys Thats 6 Months From Now …

Plenty Of Time To Fix Your Bronco , Save Up , And Show Up !!!

Lets See If We Can Have A Gathering With All 75 Active Members From Fl Attending The Event !!!

I Know …. No Way .. But 75%would Be Awesome !!!

Soooooooooooo

Who Is Going !!!!!!!! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THANKS TO MARK ... AKA SMOKEATER11
FOR THE ADD INFO

Ok guys here is a MapQuest link to Holopaw, FLhttp://www.mapquest.com/mq/4-5OfSKlIaFQzNbTpy.
The intersection you need to be concerned with is E. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy(192) and Holopaw Rd(441).
The zip code is 34773.

To see the parking and camping area:
As the map appears on your screen scroll down along Holopaw Rd until you see Holopaw Groves Rd.(it'll be on the left) follow that road to the left until you see 8 Mile Ranch Rd. That is the entrance to the wheeling area. It will say gate(key access) if you zoom in some. Now click on the aerial map tab(upper right corner of the map) and it will give you a satelitte view of the area. Just to the left of the gate you can see a large sandy looking area, that is the parking area and just to the left of the parking area out against Holopaw Groves Rd you'll see a small building. That's the camping area we will be using. As you can see there is a lot of room, albeit slightly spead out. If you trailer your rig in you can park your truck and trailer in the parking lot and drive over to the camping area.

Now for the fun part......just about everything to the left, up and south of the camping area that is not orange grove is where we will be wheeling. The BIG mud holes are evident and the main perimeter roads are fairly evident as well. All those little spider vein looking roads are either trails or driveways into other peoples camps. The eastern perimeter of the area is bordered by a large canal that is pretty easy to pick out. As you will be able to see there is a lot of area and some pretty big mud holes as well as a lot of trails. If the summer is rainy and/or we have a tropical storm or two there will be a LOT of water. If the summer is dry we will have a LOT of sand and some of the nastiest, stickiest mud you have ever seen. Either way will be fun and persent it's own challenges. As you can see from the satelitte images it was pretty wet out there when they took these images.

If you have any issues with the link or need any further assistance locating Holopaw just let me know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Attachments

• HOLOP.JPG
    HOLOP.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
it gives me something to shoot for. sounds like fun. Ill give it a shot no promises but i have been trying to get things done to go to one of these things local. Finished rewire last month, this month and next is body lift and making the bronco street legal and safe (mirror visable brakelights,repalace the 10yrold tires,ftdisc brakes) July/August instal WH 5.5 lift Sept is drive shafts Oct is tires. Nov is gearing/lockers. IF life gets in the way, then ill have to cross that bridge then.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Ok guys and gals, I'm sure yANK (Chris) will be chiming in here soon with more info but I wanted to get some other info about the event out early in the thread. As Franko stated it will be Nov. 7th-8th at Suburban Estates in Holopaw, FL. The area we are going to is a "property owner and their guests only" gated and lock the gate behind yourself camping and wheeling area. We have at least one guy that is a property owner and he has a large camp just past the parking area. There is plenty of room to park and camp and it is a safe environment for a family if you choose to bring them. The camp has some "facilities" but it's not the Quality Inn and Suites. This was part of the reason for having the event in Nov. when it is cooler. As far as wheeling, Holopaw is a good mix of trails, sand, and mud most of the time depending on the weather of course. Sometimes there is considerably more mud than others and sometimes if it is dry there is more sand. We can't control the weather so there is no way we can guarantee what we will have when Nov. rolls around. That said we want this event to be for all Broncos, from the nicest show type EBs to the trashed out beaters and anywhere inbetween. If you have an EB you don't want to wheel that's cool, you can just leave it at the camp and ride with someone.

If we can get enough people to comfirm that they are going we will look into having a raffle and the possibility of doing something for dinner on Sat. night. I would go out on a limb and say 20-25 COMFIRMED EBs(not people, trucks) and we would be talking. yANK would have the final say so on that number. But for now the event is going to be considered BYOF&D (food&drinks). It is a straight up camping area so you'll need some type of tent or shelter.

This event has the potential to be HUGE and possibly annual if we can get enough support from you guys. The more people we get commited the more time and effort we will put into the event. It takes a ton of time and effort to put one of these events together and do it right, but if the interest is not there from you FL EB owners we are not going to waste our time and money. We would like this event to be as successful as Howiepalozza and the OCBR and would love to be doing this thing ten years down the road like they are. But we need your support and commitment in this first year to get this thing off the ground. So if you're IN post up and say so. If you're like me and you're working on your rig deligently and want to have your rig there, post up and say so. Just keep in mind we are looking for firm commitments and/or commitments to work your ass off on your rig in order to have it there.

I fall in the: I'm gonna work my ass of to have my rig there category. I got a long way to go, but now I have a date to shoot for.

Very excited, Smoke

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
We have four broncos in town that i know will be going me and darren and sean and the good looking chris. Chuck from down south i hope and franko and Doctor bill from orlando thats seven . I know we will have a good turn out and thank you mark for all your hard work and if we ask nice maybe bax will show up in his bronco. Also my big brothers john in his 96 bronco and if i get it done and it will my bro kevins bronco a uncut u13 roadster

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
You Can Count Us ( My Buddy Derek With His Bronco And I With My Eb ) 100% In !!!!!!!

fla67

I am in! Missed the last Holopaw due to my pesky wedding, but I will be there for this one.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
If I'm counting right that's 11 confirmed and 3 "if I get it done I'm there" in less than 24 hours. That's awesome!!! Spread the word!!!!

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Trust me I'm busting my ass and my bank account to make it happen. I will be there one way or the other but I am going to do everything in my power to have my rig there. I've pulled 2 all nighter in the last month just to get to where I'm at right now. If anyone has about 2 grand they don't need I can guarantee it will be there.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
So nice of you to volunteer your husband like that, I'm sure he appreciates that. But I think I've got the mechanical parts covered except for the wiring but it's mainly just a matter of having the money to buy the rest of the parts I need. I have the time to work on it and I am making good progress with what I have to work on I just run out of money too often. It'll come though I just have to be selective on what else I do with my extra money. In case you guys don't know where I'm at with my build here is my build thread:
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132784

caribbeanlivin

Loc.
Canton
I'm riding my bike up to Jackson,Ms. at the end of June to pull my engine out and clean up the engine bay, then will put a rebuilt longblock from cmengines.com out of S. Carolina in her with some other goodies like alum. rad., serpentine belt conversion from summitracing or jegs, centerforceII from W.H., let my dad drive it around for a few weeks then fly up and drive her down and see yall there!! I hope!!

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Dude your Bronco looks a lot like mels Bronco only without the doors and your both from Tampa. Is there something we should know?? Anyways, I hope you get yours done man. Yours makes it 11 confirmed and 4 in the works. It's getting better!!

69 Fl. Bronc

6 months is a long time. I really would like to go. Have to see what's going on then. Money, time off, Bronco running, ect.

horsebrokeright

Loc.
brooksville fl
Count me in & my 3 sons, everyones rig is ready but mine hope to have it complete by then, i keep running into problem after problem, but we are working on it.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
69 Fl. Bronc, that understandable that you don't know 6 months out but there are others(like me and horsebrokeright) that need that time to get our rigs ready. Just let us know when the time gets closer.