• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

foorgive me... im new!

leelandaiche

Loc.
Gonzales, La
hey everybody... im sitting here waiting for the LSU game to come on and i have a few questions that i hope someone will help me with. i am 23 years old and i bought my first early bronco last week. i have a 1971 with a 5.5'' suspension lift with a 302. ever since my dad brought me in his 72 mustang to a carshow when i was 9 yrs old and i saw a bronco, i fell in love. i told him that i was going to own one of those one day and here i am! i think he is more pumped than i am! anyway, my bronco has a bikini top on it and did not come with any other top. as u probably know its been raining a lot here and i am constantly going outside to wipe it out. i have a cheap cover that my dad gave me to use but it dont keep ALL the water out. does anyone know of a good cover i can get in the meantime while i shop for a soft top and build a shop so i can keep it in there?
my other question is...(and this is where the "forgive me" part comes in bc i should know this)... can anyone tell me where the 4 lo and 4 hi is. i havent taken it offroad yet but the shifter obviously dont say anything and im a new bronco owner. i know about the locking the hubs and stuff( not completely stupid) i just dont know wether to push it up or down. i appreciate the help!;D

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
Welcome to the site and congrats on the bronco purchase.
You've found the site for answers to all your bronco questions.
Check out www.broncocovers.com Rick makes a nice trail cover.
Assuming you have the T-shift transfer case the shift pattern is: (starting from the dash or front to back) 4lo-2lo-N-2hi-4hi.
2 low is not marked on most shifters and sometimes will not stay in gear, but its there.

Sabas

Trust me, you'll learn alot. These guys are brainiacs when it comes to broncos.
Ric has great covers also.

OP
OP
leelandaiche

leelandaiche

Loc.
Gonzales, La
yea i checked them out. they are pretty nice. i guess i dont HAVE to take my doors off huh? the prices arent too bad. im probably going to end up getting one. thanks for the help! yea and there is a lot to learn im sure.

OP
OP
leelandaiche

leelandaiche

Loc.
Gonzales, La
Welcome. I too bought my first Bronco when I was 23 about eight years ago and I've been broke ever since %)

oh yea ive got the fever now. i really been having the fever but could never afford to do anything about it! ill be right there with ya man... im already broke! im gunna take money out of every check for my "bronco fund" and ill just do a lil bit at a time. thank all of yall for the help. im sure ill have a whole bunch of questions for yall so yall get ready!

BooRae

Loc.
Abita Springs, LA
Welcome aboard!! HOW 'BOUT THEM TIGERS!! I was a little concerned during the first half, but we got it going in the second.
I'm from Slidell originally, in Alaska now. My Bronco was in storage at my folks during Katrina and kinda got jacked up, so its a good excuse to start over on my rebuild.
Again, welcome aboard and there are some good people on this site that will go out of their way to help you.

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
hey everybody... im sitting here waiting for the LSU game to come on and i have a few questions that i hope someone will help me with. i am 23 years old and i bought my first early bronco last week. i have a 1971 with a 5.5'' suspension lift with a 302. ever since my dad brought me in his 72 mustang to a carshow when i was 9 yrs old and i saw a bronco, i fell in love. i told him that i was going to own one of those one day and here i am! i think he is more pumped than i am! anyway, my bronco has a bikini top on it and did not come with any other top. as u probably know its been raining a lot here and i am constantly going outside to wipe it out. i have a cheap cover that my dad gave me to use but it dont keep ALL the water out. does anyone know of a good cover i can get in the meantime while i shop for a soft top and build a shop so i can keep it in there?
my other question is...(and this is where the "forgive me" part comes in bc i should know this)... can anyone tell me where the 4 lo and 4 hi is. i havent taken it offroad yet but the shifter obviously dont say anything and im a new bronco owner. i know about the locking the hubs and stuff( not completely stupid) i just dont know wether to push it up or down. i appreciate the help!;D

Where are you located? I won't go into the shifting pattern as it has already been covered but I'm getting ready to change out my full hard top and if you want it and are close enough...it's yours. I'm in East Tennessee about 30 miles North of Knoxville.

Oh, and welcome aboard.

OP
OP
leelandaiche

leelandaiche

Loc.
Gonzales, La
Where are you located? I won't go into the shifting pattern as it has already been covered but I'm getting ready to change out my full hard top and if you want it and are close enough...it's yours. I'm in East Tennessee about 30 miles North of Knoxville.

Oh, and welcome aboard.

o man... i really appreciate that man! i wish you were a bit closer! haha. im from around baton rouge, la. a lil ways from you but i sure wish i could get that from you. thanks again man.

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
o man... i really appreciate that man! i wish you were a bit closer! haha. im from around baton rouge, la. a lil ways from you but i sure wish i could get that from you. thanks again man.

Anyone coming through the area that could take this young'n a top? If not, I have a friend that be coming up soon from Alabama that could get it closer to you. Of coarse that might be a month or so...so it may not work for you. Keep an eye on the Free section as I've seen top in there and one could pop up a little closer to you. Also jump onto the needed parts and post up needing a top. You might get lucky...

OP
OP
leelandaiche

leelandaiche

Loc.
Gonzales, La
Anyone coming through the area that could take this young'n a top? If not, I have a friend that be coming up soon from Alabama that could get it closer to you. Of coarse that might be a month or so...so it may not work for you. Keep an eye on the Free section as I've seen top in there and one could pop up a little closer to you. Also jump onto the needed parts and post up needing a top. You might get lucky...

thanks man. im gunna do that. and dont count me out yet! if i dont have anything in a month for some reason i just might make the trip. i sure appreciate it.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Your not too far from me and I have one as well.
And welcome to the site