• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford Management, you suck....

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Email out today.... if you held out for a painted top, guess what, you get to wait until 2023! If you ordered a 2 door, guess what, you're screwed but they're going to run 4 doors down the line so they can get them on the lots.....

If I ever take delivery of my first day reservation, first day order 2 door Badlands, this will be my last new Ford. This is beyond the covid excuses. This is pis poor parts outsourcing on Ford's part by choosing a pis poor managed Webasto hardtop company. I'd like to know what Ford executive signed that contract lol. "We know they're notoriously mismanaged, but hell, let's let them be a major part of our biggest vehicle launch in decades!"

I feel for folks who ordered months ago, who may not get their bronco for almost two years while they drive by the ones sitting on the lot for sale.......

There are thousands of folks who pulled their 21' order and changed it to a 22' so they could get the modular tops who'll now get to wait until 23', absolutely ridiculous.

Screenshot_20210625-153619_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Tugross302

Hahaha. It’s so mismanaged it’s funny. I’m considering just telling them to stick it. I ordered a 2-door so I guess I’m screwed. I actually ordered both tops. Two local dealers received their test drive Broncos this week. What the hell is the use to have test drives if you can’t get the damn thing for two years?

OP
OP
okie4570

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Hahaha. It’s so mismanaged it’s funny. I’m considering just telling them to stick it. I ordered a 2-door so I guess I’m screwed. I actually ordered both tops. Two local dealers received their test drive Broncos this week. What the hell is the use to have test drives if you can’t get the damn thing for two years?

I'm in the same boat and I agree.

ransil

Bronco Guru
If everyone cancels i might get mine

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

cannunz546

Contributor
Bronco Owner and Admirer
Loc.
Northwest Suburbs, Chicago
I just got my email. I'm canceling. That's the only real way to let them know that their incompetence has consequences. Could Ford screw this up any worse? I think not.

msmith

Got the email too. Since I'm giving this order to my wife and she wanted a Big Bend 4 door, I might try to talk her into a soft top with hard top prep. She might actually be able to drive it this year if she agrees.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
I just got my email. I'm canceling. That's the only real way to let them know that their incompetence has consequences. Could Ford screw this up any worse? I think not.

lol.. don't really think any cancellations are going to make any impact. The units are going to fly off the lot as fast as they come in.

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Trying to figure out what this means for me. Have a "target" build date and VIN for July 14th. But still received this email. Bizarre.

Hoping the build date holds since 2 weeks of shutdowns in July now for MAP. Ugh!

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Please tell them you will go buy a jeep now, one thats been on the road since, oh 1942. Even if you don't:)

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
I was one that was holding out for a MY22 (7/14 reservation) for the body color top.
If I would of know this I would have put my order in for a MY21. My order will be going in this week now.:mad:
This whole roll out has been a cluster........

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
What the hell is the use to have test drives if you can’t get the damn thing for two years?

And to rub more dirt in us two door buyer's faces we get to see them with soft tops.....that they don't offer us as a way to get our 2 doors faster with a soft top from the factory!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Tell it like it is.. haha Do you have permission to use their name :D:D

Email out today.... if you held out for a painted top, guess what, you get to wait until 2023! If you ordered a 2 door, guess what, you're screwed but they're going to run 4 doors down the line so they can get them on the lots.....

If I ever take delivery of my first day reservation, first day order 2 door Badlands, this will be my last new Ford. This is beyond the covid excuses. This is pis poor parts outsourcing on Ford's part by choosing a pis poor managed Webasto hardtop company. I'd like to know what Ford executive signed that contract lol. "We know they're notoriously mismanaged, but hell, let's let them be a major part of our biggest vehicle launch in decades!"

I feel for folks who ordered months ago, who may not get their bronco for almost two years while they drive by the ones sitting on the lot for sale.......

There are thousands of folks who pulled their 21' order and changed it to a 22' so they could get the modular tops who'll now get to wait until 23', absolutely ridiculous.

View attachment 526325

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I am still trying to navigate the dealership to speak with someone who can cancel my order. It looks like stupid flows from the manufacturer to its dealerships.

gave up did ya? :( Let's see what 2022 inventory / models bring I guess

that's when I was planning to jump in

yfz450sew

I am still trying to navigate the dealership to speak with someone who can cancel my order. It looks like stupid flows from the manufacturer to its dealerships.

I cancelled my order through the Ford.com user portal and my dealer refunded my reservation deposit shortly thereafter.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
I've decided to just get a 23, my EB is a 73 so they will be 50 yrs apart. I'm going to keep my reservation, they refunded me my 100.00 when I swapped dealers a while ago. Doubt the reservation will mean anything in 2 years but what difference does it make.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
All that cancelling does is guarantee you will NOT be driving it in 2023, Someone else will be driving YOUR ride. a $100 deposit return means nothing to a mis-managed company burning through millions per week....