• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FORD...What does it mean to you?

BIGMH1

I first have to say I love being a Bronco owner but driving an old horse that's 45 years old has left me in a few tight spots through the years. So that being said, what does FORD mean to you?

Fix Or Repair Daily...Been there.

Found On Road Dead...There too.

frig'd up Old Rebuilt Dodge...Not seen that yet and hope I never do.

Still wouldn't own a Jeep!

Broncmeister

I own two jeeps as well as the broncos. Anybody who says jeeps are crap for wheeling are either outright lying or have never owned one. They are just like any other offroad vehicle including the bronco, the more you put in to it the more you get out of it.

Anyways, onto the Ford thing. I met this fellow once on a fishing trip, cool dude. He asked what I drive, I told him my 1973 bronco. Ahh the little ones, right? I said yup. He says "You know, 85% of Fords made are still on the road today? Feeling pretty good about myself I said "No kidding!". He says "Yup, the other 15% made it home".

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Fanatic Off Road Drivers. We is a crazy bunch! And that 85%/15% joke is funny as hell.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
It means..............none of my tax dollars were spent bailing them out !

I grew up racing Chevy based stock cars with my ol man.

switched to Ford when I got a lemon Silverado pick-up.

Nuttin but Fords since !

SK67

Loc.
Austin, TX
It means..............none of my tax dollars were spent bailing them out !

I grew up racing Chevy based stock cars with my ol man.

switched to Ford when I got a lemon Silverado pick-up.

Nuttin but Fords since !

X2 Bought a chebby diesel in 96 and lemon was an understatement! POS!!!
All Fords ever since;D oh and 1 Jeep:-[

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
Been loyal Ford owner 30+ yrs. since day one. Have had a few brand-x beaters as wife's, secondaries or freebee's along the way. Five out of 6 currently. The sixth is my sons given to him from his grandma.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
FORD means to me a company that used to build really cool vehicles that have turned into classics, but now screws over their loyal followers with BS lawsuits.

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Anyways, onto the Ford thing. I met this fellow once on a fishing trip, cool dude. He asked what I drive, I told him my 1973 bronco. Ahh the little ones, right? I said yup. He says "You know, 85% of Fords made are still on the road today? Feeling pretty good about myself I said "No kidding!". He says "Yup, the other 15% made it home".

Haha that is too funny.:D Must have been a good laugh after he told you that huh.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
BIGMH1

BIGMH1

Yeah, I knew someone wouldn't like the comment about a Jeep. Never said they were crap. I guess making a living as a master tech repairing these things wouldn't give me any room to talk.
Same on the Chevy's. I know where your coming from on them too. I've seen first hand what they are made of but every car maker has their lemons. I sold my Big Block Camaro to buy my u13. Fun to drive but I built it with aftermarket parts and only a few hand picked from GM.
Anyway, I guess if someone made a comment about the old Hi-Lux Yota I wheeled in the day and still do, it would get under my skin too.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
It means first in line to me. I have a Jeep J10 and Cherokee Chief sitting in the yard in need of some attention, but they don't get any. The Bronco gets all my money and attention. Not to mention the other Bronco that is in pieces waiting for any extra pennies or time.

craigaria

Loc.
Monroe, GA
My buddy used to say

Figure On Real Disappointment%)

All my buddy's were into Chevys. I have always been a ford guy. I had a 86 f 150 and I out wheeled them daily. I pulled them out of the mud constantly.

I had a supercharged 93 mustang and it ran 11.7s in the quarter. I outran all my Chevy buddys streetcars. I daily drove it and only the alternator went out in 8 years.

I recently sold another supercharged mustang. Another super reliable quick street car.

I'm on my second EB and although I didn't wheel my first one, I have had this one out and my buddy's Chevy overheated following my through the trails. The bronco seems like it will go anywhere.

Ford means reliability to me. I like all cars if they are nice, but Id buy a ford first.

The bailout just adds another reason to stay brand loyal.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
The act of crossing where it's shallow a stream or river by wading or in a car or on a horse