• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FORD...What does it mean to you?

KS.76Sport

Loc.
Wichita, KS.
Post bailout denial FORD, to me means they get one more shot to prove that their cars are worth buying (Bad experience in the past). So far they have, but my Flex only has 20K on it....we'll see.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
"Fufilling Only Real Dreams"
"Flat Out Race Domination"
chevrolet? isn't that "can hear every valve rap on long extended trip''?

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
One of my buddies say's flipped over rolling dumpster. when i had my first bronco after putting a lift on it. doing donuts on a dirt road and flipped on it's side. i called the wife to bring the truck and my daughter said what is that dumpster doing in the road:mad: and she had never heard that phrase%)

bluesbish

Loc.
Upstate New York
I am a ford diesel engine master tech. I see the problems more than anyone else. I see these trucks so often that I have wondered why people keep buying them. I asked a few of my customers why they stick with ford trucks. These are some of the people that work the trucks harder than anyone could imagine. One guy told me, "because nothing else will do the job". This is a customer that drops 5 grand in repairs annually!! and buys a new truck every 6 years. a lot of the problems that we see with todays vehicles are do to federal emmissions requirements and crap accessories that the consumer wants on the vehicle. I think we are all going to reach a point when we realize it was just as easy to turn the heat up with a knob and way more reliable as opposed to shouting out into the air that you want it to be warmer.

Broncmeister

I've heard many techs say the same about dodge, and the same about chev. Some people are just fiercely loyal to a certain company. Hate me if you want, but it's the truth. I used to be loyal to one brand, but not any more. I currently own vehicles from 5 different car manufacturers, and can see both the benefits and drawbacks of all of them, including Ford.

JimAndA72

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
I am a ford diesel engine master tech. I see the problems more than anyone else. I see these trucks so often that I have wondered why people keep buying them. I asked a few of my customers why they stick with ford trucks. These are some of the people that work the trucks harder than anyone could imagine. One guy told me, "because nothing else will do the job". This is a customer that drops 5 grand in repairs annually!! and buys a new truck every 6 years. a lot of the problems that we see with todays vehicles are do to federal emmissions requirements and crap accessories that the consumer wants on the vehicle. I think we are all going to reach a point when we realize it was just as easy to turn the heat up with a knob and way more reliable as opposed to shouting out into the air that you want it to be warmer.

Buy pre-DEQ.. It's why I bought my Bronco.

fuzzy2133

Loc.
San Jose, CA
...I am a ford diesel engine master tech. I see the problems more than anyone else. I see these trucks so often that I have wondered why people keep buying them. I asked a few of my customers why they stick with ford trucks. These are some of the people that work the trucks harder than anyone could imagine. One guy told me, "because nothing else will do the job"...

When you take into account that same truck could be making 100K in net income annually it makes swallowing 5K in repairs so much easier!

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
For Only Retarded Demented people.

oh shoots! there's a "P" in there...

Bigbird

Fu@K'd Outta Real Driving. Honestly I'm not a Ford fan, never have been. I'm an Early Bronco fan. I'd still own a EB if they were made by Le Car.

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
I've never been one to pick only one manufacturer and claim they are the best. I've owned many Chevys and a few Fords. Currently own two Chevys, a Lexus and a Ford (Bronco). I like them all. The Bronco I love for the classic looks and just overall fun. For highway driving and luxury the Lexus SUV wins hands down, but I would never take it wheeling. My Chevy 4x4 truck is actually a company car so it wins for being free to me including gas. My daughter drives the Chevy HHR and it suits her needs perfectly. For a day out playing and hanging out the Bronco wins without a doubt.