• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FORD...What does it mean to you?

patterdale

Bronco Guru
For me it means groceries to eat growing up. Dad was 30 yr retiree from the St. Paul assembly plant. All the fun we have with the letters is a gas.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Ford to me means alot. First truck was a old beat to crap F150. Never left me stranded I beat the living piss out of that truck in high school. So I stuck with Fords ever since. I also have always liked the look of the ford truck better than chevys and dodges. I have had other brands, had a Nissan it was ok but had a few problems when it was brand new, had a Land Rover and it was the most expensive car to keep ever. Parents had BMWs, and alot of Nissans and they were all nice. Dad has had two Dodges and both of them were crap!
Right now my driveway has 5 Fords in it: two early Broncos, and 08 Focus, an 08 Expedition, and an 05 Mustang GT. I also have an 04 F150 work truck. All of them have been good cars, yes I have had a few little problems but over all they get an A.

With all that said I am also a past owner of an F250 with the 6.0 diesel motor! I dont think I will ever buy a diesel truck newer than 2003.

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
The Bronco is a bitch! That being said, I love my Bronco ;D I don't care if its a ford chevy or whatever. If its in my way, they will hear the EB and fear it (and the bat shit nuts driver) ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
A way of life, Tradition, meant to pass on to the children... ;)

berdeman

Chevrolet=

Cheap Heads, Every Valve Rattles, Oil Leaks, Engine Ticks

Funny! When I was in high school shop class 20 years ago there was only one other FORD guy there, and I remember we made up something really close to this, "Cheap Heads, Eats Valves Raw, Oil Leaks Every Time".

sgtdcoulter

Loc.
Peachtree City Ga.
Nothing but good times w/ busted, greasy knuckles and great friends and memories.
1969 E100
1970 F100
1971 F100
1983 E150
1978 F150 4x4
1969 Bronco
1988 F150
1999 F250
1997 F350
1975 Bronco

1976 GMC 4x4 (Teenage years)

Nuff Said!

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Fundamentally, my Ford addiction is most related to their focus on performance...Ford spent more money on more research on more exotic and high-performance racing engines, post WWII, than any other US car company except, arguably, Buick.

Bullitt94

Loc.
Marshfield, WI
Part of my Ford memories include the only major American automobile manufacturer to not get money from the government...

Just sayin'...

mavman427

Loc.
Nipomo, CA
When I think of Ford, I think of my long family history of owning Fords. I think of my Grandpa being one of the most mechanically inclined people I've ever met and him working at Ford, owning Fords, and recommending Fords. I think of all of the Ford cars that I love, past and present. Cars like the game-changing Mustang, Maverick (one of my personal favorites - I currently have 2), the legendary F-series trucks, Pantera, Cobra, GT-40, F-150 Raptor, and even the Festiva (not sure why I like them).

I also admire the founder of Ford, the legendary Henry Ford himself. I admire the concept of assembly lines being used to manufacture vehicles. I admire the fact that they were the only US vehicle manufacturer not to be bailed out and ended up thriving. My wife is pregnant and guess what we're considering for a name if it's a boy....Ford.