• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Found a 351w. I think I should.

broncomaddness

Loc.
Corpus Christi, Texa
I found a 351w at a salvage yard. This thing looks pretty new (recent paint) the guy said it's not seized and looks like I could just bolt it in and go. What are the specs for a late model 2v 351, hp/tq. I'd say that it is mid 80's but I dunno. I'm not driving my eb yet but I dont think that the 73' 302 will cut it. I can get the complete engine plus a tilt steering column from a 79 for $150. out the door. :eek: I did a once over and looked for evidence of leaks around the heads and everywhere else and saw none.

Also how would the 351 mate up with a stock c4? Thanks alot fellas.

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
For $150 Id jump all over that, even if it was blown thats a good price, especially if you get all the accessories with it. And it will bolt right up to your c4 no problem.

OP
OP
B

broncomaddness

Loc.
Corpus Christi, Texa
Yea, it's really a no-brainer and I was going to get it anyway. I just wanted to see the overall viewpoint of a late model 351. But I've read some posts that didn't speak highly of 351 from the 80's. Doesn't anybody know how much hp this thing would put out? Hell , take an educated guess.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
::) ::) ::) The 80's motors are ok and few mods and they will go real good good luck with your toy. :p :p :p Bill 8) ::) :p

OP
OP
B

broncomaddness

Loc.
Corpus Christi, Texa
Thanks for your replies. The guy also has a bunch more tilt columns, about 8 that I saw. And alot more in the yard that he hasn't pulled. There were some with auto shifter on the column and some without. If anyone's interested I could hook you up.

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=broncomaddness link=board=5;threadid=12301;start=0#91372 date=1039887611]<br>Yea, it's really a no-brainer and I was going to get it anyway. I just wanted to see the overall viewpoint of a late model 351. But I've read some posts that didn't speak highly of 351 from the 80's. Doesn't anybody know how much hp this thing would put out? Hell , take an educated guess.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I have an 84 W in my bronco and with a few mods, it is as good as any other 351W. the real weak point on the motor is the heads. If you really want alot of mojo out of the thing, upgrade the heads to a nice set of aftermarket. Add a good carb, headers, cam, intake, electronic ignition and you will have a killer powerplant that puts out gobs of power. I ported my stock heads and they have worked great. I know I would get alot more power out of other heads, but that is far down on the wish/need list right now.

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Hey 74, I am rebuilding the same engine right now. Sounds like we almost identical setups - what oil pan did you end up using?

Boozer

Buy it........no doubt, <br>I gave $150 for the one I have and its shot!!