• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Found a "Balloon Chaser Bronco" today - Now with PICs!!!

fordfan

Bronco Guru
That's a pretty neat find and in today's market, it looks like an OK deal.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
sweet find....congrats on finding and posting

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I'd give that no question if I didn't have too many toys already.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Found a "Balloon Chaser Bronco" today - Now with PICs!!!

Not to bring up a sore subject but after seeing photos of this bronco, looking at Drews Ambulance and Wild Horses chaser I think the one that RR restored and has listed on their site as a chaser was simply another promo vehicle. Looking at the first of obvious Stroppe add ons is the bumper supports and the dual shock set up as well as a Stroppe Roll Bar. This one nor the one on RR's site had any of those items other than the paint scheme and the badge. Not trying to pass judgement etc. but I thought it was interesting and I had to go back and look. Hopefully the other chase/stroppe bronco is still alive and hiding somewhere... would be awesome to see it turn up one day.

Last edited:

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Not to bring up a sore subject but after seeing photos of this bronco, looking at Drews Ambulance and Wild Horses chaser I think the one that RR restored and has listed on their site as a chaser was simply another promo vehicle. Looking at the first of obvious Stropped add ons is the bumper supports and the dual shock set up as well as a Stropped Roll Bar. This one nor the one on RR's site had any of those items over than the paint scheme and the badge. Nt trying to pass judgement etc. but I thought it was interesting and I had to go back and look. Hopefully the other chase/stroppe bronco is still alive and hiding somewhere... would be awesome to see it turn up one day.
I think you're correct.

At the time, mist if us were not aware of multiple tributes.

Many of us assumed the one RR ruined by making it into a run of the mill custom was the other original.

However, since then, more tributes have surfaced. and the whereabouts of what could likely be "Gopher" is now known by a few and waiting to one day be unveiled.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
any documentation that this is a orig, tribute ?? pix aso ...

otherwise the only way to make certain is to carefully sand down the paint to find evidence of the orig stripes & paint ? Not one Stroppe parts on this one ?

I know from one photo seen that at least 6 Ebs ( all in one pic inc the ambulance ) received conversion parts from Stroppe prior to the race .... some personal "worked" on by Bill ! ... I think it was more like hands on for the chase movie bc Bill was way to nicely dressed ! lol

OP
OP
Berky

Berky

any documentation that this is a orig, tribute ?? pix aso ...

There is no additional documentation with this one. I cant speak for the others. The only thing that I can think of is the RVI sticker on the door and the production date would show it being an actual tribute. One of the articles that I read stated the event took place in February, and this vehicle was manufactured the following month.

OP
OP
Berky

Berky

Fla, huh. Well here's hoping it gets to see light of day!

I agreed to purchase it from the seller, so it will be out and about. I still need to finish the interior on my 75 before I can do anything to this one.

Since it has been sitting for so long I want to go through the brakes and check all the critical rubber items.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
I agreed to purchase it from the seller, so it will be out and about. I still need to finish the interior on my 75 before I can do anything to this one.

Since it has been sitting for so long I want to go through the brakes and check all the critical rubber items.

Congrats! I think it was a good buy!:cool:

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
congrats !! ...
the min you get it look for any stroppe parts that might be on it !