• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Found a "Balloon Chaser Bronco" today - Now with PICs!!!

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
One small change, the last Baja is a 72 original paint Baja owned by Chris House...he has a nearly identical original paint 73 LOL. Was a fun photo op - we all stood around and tried not to get teased by the 700HP club and such. We made it quick.

House

Minutia Militia
Thanks guys. I am more partial to this angle, but the other one shows the topic vehicle better. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6222.jpg
    IMG_6222.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 198

House

Minutia Militia
And to make sure I am still contributing to the thread...

Attachments

• rvi.jpg
    rvi.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 213
OP
OP
Berky

Berky

based on the production date this is a promo made after the race. Sorry for the bad quality photos, I didn't have a lot of room in the tent.

IMG_2967_zpsks1ltvzi.jpg

IMG_2968_zpsafejtuj0.jpg

IMG_2969_zps1neqq1ed.jpg

IMG_2970_zpsi7ueslf6.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice find Berky. Lookin' good after all these years!

Paul

OP
OP
Berky

Berky

I don't know the full story but the current owner did not buy it new as I originally thought. Has owned it for a long time though. Its been sitting in a storage container for 15 years and he just pulled it out.

I have known him for 10+ years and this is the first time I have seen it. He mentioned that Bill Stroppe has been to the shop and looked at it. To bad he didn't sign it :(

House

Minutia Militia
Cool find! Are you planning on buying it?
Looks to be repainted a couple times at least. Possibly changing the yellow to grey along the way?

OP
OP
Berky

Berky

Was thinking about buying it, but the non-negotiable price of 30k has me a bit nervous to say the least. I mean its a nice vehicle, but thats a lot of money.

I dont know if he had the orange repainted, but he admits to painting the yellow a different color.

OP
OP
Berky

Berky

That was my thought as well. I just wanted to hear from the brain trust that is classicbroncos.com

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
nice find .... would not take much to change the gray back to proper yellow !

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
That needs to come to Nashville!! Orange will be right at home here in Tennessee!!

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
It's definitely a promo vehicle as it is missing all of the Stroppe goodies. I would say it has a value being it was a rare promo none the less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk