• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Freeze Plug Help

bronccar

OK, so I got these two rigs that I'm fixin to fuse together. Supposedly the one that I bought for parts ('76 - 302) has a great engine - but has a freeze plug out. So I pour some water in the radiator the other day and slide under there - just to see the water coming out from behind the motor mount. Is there actually a plug under there?

Thanks!

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Yep. There sure is and I have yet to find a way to replace those ones without lifting the motor or jacking and holding a side of the block and taking mount out to pop a new one in. Not going to be a fun one. Good luck.

OP
OP
bronccar

bronccar

Well....

This isn't all bad news - I'm planning to do a frame off restore and had two rigs. I didn't know if this engine was worth saving without checking the compression so I was trying to decide (based on the freeze plug question vs. cracked block) if I should strip the motor or put it back together and try to fix the plug.

Thanks Y'all!