• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Freeze plugs

Lonestar

Loc.
Austin, TX
How easy is it to rremove and replace freeze plugs in a 302? They look ok but as long as the engine is out is it worth it?

Jeep Slayer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wildomar California
If you already have the motor out by all means change ALL the plugs, I you dont you could be sorry later when your trying to replace them with it in the truck. Take it from me I learned the HARD way

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
::) ::) ::) As was said do it know and use brass ones they dont rust and only cost a couple bucks more a set good luck. 8) 8) 8) Bill ::) 8) :p

dksroland

Loc.
springfield, mo.
I agree, do it now.<br>In my younger years I stupidly didn't put antifreeze in my rad and the motor froze up, thankfully blew the freeze plugs. however, removing the motor just to replace them was a lesson I'll never forget.luckily I only had to unbolt the motor mounts and jack the motor up enough but still sucked big time with 20 below wind chills outside. And pop sat inside with a hot cup of coffee and watched,yelling pointers out the window at me. Thanks Dad. ;D<br>Over 20 years ago and I remember it.The reason it happened was my fault, but proper and prior maintanance would have avoided it all.<br>do it now! ;)<br>luck.<br>