• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front Bracket for Aux Tank how is it attached?

mrdrnac

Contributor
Can anyone tell me, or show me how the front bracket that holds up the Aux Tank is supposed to be attached to the floor board brace member? Mine is attached through the brace and the floor boards with carriage bolts and I know that is not right!
Thanks for your help!

OP
OP
mrdrnac

mrdrnac

Contributor
Kept using the search function and it looks like I answered my own question. Looks like there were 4 bolts originally, 5/16" X 3/4" long, course thread that go into the floor brace from the bottom of the bracket not from the top of the floor like mine is done.

Thanks all!

bludorbronc

My 74 has a crossmember under the drivers floorboard. The mounting straps have a - t designed into the front of the straps. That end of the strap is inserted into slots that are made into the crossmember. The rear of the strap is attached to j bolts that go into a bracket at the rear of the tank. Also don't forget to put the skid plate between the tank and the straps. On mine there are no bolts thru the floor. There was at one time a reserve tank was available for the passenger side

Golfball

There should be bolts holding a plate up at the front that holds the straps in. Remove that and the straps will come out.