• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front end dimensions

Huckit36

I am in the process of replacing the driver side kick panel and door post on my 74 i have the door post and panel measured and lined up, but now the firewall and cowell seem to be slightly off. I am unable to find any measurements for getting this corrected. Does anyone have a good set of measurements they could share? Thank yall

OP
OP
H

Huckit36

How about can a few of you measure from the center of the hinge on the windshield to the top of the rear door post? Thanks!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry Huckit. At least you had 120 of us checking it out!
I saw your question the first time, but have nothing to measure for that first frame of reference. But maybe I can get that second measurement for you.

When you say "center" of the hinge though, are you meaning center front-to-back (hopefully) or center of the hinge side-to-side? Guessing you mean front-to-back since that would make the most sense, but wanted to make sure.

Do you have doors? Do both of your door openings match up in the size of their opening?
Better yet, do you have pics of the offending spot where the cowl is misaligned? Might help.

If you don't have an online hosting site for the images, you can e-mail them to me and I'll post them up for others.

Good luck.

Paul

OP
OP
H

Huckit36

Thanks Paul. Meant the center of the pin. Should measure roughly 39 3/8". My doors are measuring 39" at all 3 locations and all other measurement are spot on. However I am getting this gap. Insert pics here! Not much gap, but enough to derail the project for the moment. Thanks for your help!

Not sure how to get you the pics?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Send them to pabra1@aol.com and I can post them up for you.

Sounds like you have the doors correct, but I've seen people run into gap issue before that had good openings. For some reason they'd get the doors to fit just right and the top wouldn't line up with anything, or they'd get the top to line up but the window frames wouldn't match the windshield angle, or whatever.
Not sure what the cure is, but maybe the pics will help someone decipher it.

Paul