• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

front end push?

trailbound

what problems will i run into mechanically, if i push my front end forward 3-4 inches. I'm doing a full width swap right now, and just had my WH arms cut and flex joints welded on. So if I'm gonna do my push, now is the time to do it.
Will there be issues with my drag link, will i have to relocate my track arm?

blwngsket

Loc.
Novato
What steering box do you have? Have you flipped your drag link on top of your arms yet? When I moved mine forward at mild flex my drag link and tie rod collided with my low hanging 2WD box. Had to make a new bracket to raise the box and move it as far forward as possible. Also had to cut the radiator support and move it forward 1". A lot of work for 3" to 4" but the approach angle is freakin awesome. Go for it. Your also gonna run 38.5' tires right? You'll need to run your fender flares high and cut them way forward. Wait untill you have your tires B-4 you make your fender cuts.

OP
OP
T

trailbound

yeah i forgot to mention that I'm running that rediculously long 2wd box. Yeah I'm in the hunt for some 38.5's. My deal that i lined up went south. Funny what unmounted, never run means to some people. Especially when they show up w/ 3 tires at 60% and 1 at 30%. If they all would have been 60% i probably would have low balled'm but i was to pissed off from being lied to.

blwngsket

Loc.
Novato
Well I'm selling 4- 0 miles 35" Goodyear MT's on alum rims. Zero means Zero! Little small for your needs though I guess (not that 35" is small). Too bad, they're a good deal.

OP
OP
T

trailbound

push issue solved, the easy way. Turn out in our pile of parts, we had a 4x4 steering box out of a 78 bronco that is front drag link.