• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front end sloppy, need some help

gityup68

Loc.
Western Mass
Hello Fellow EB's I am seeking some advise. Just added new leafs to the rear, went ok, then added new coils to front which were 3 1/2 longer then stock ones to adjust for the 3" body lift. Since I have added it it has put a angle on drag link and pushes down the left and right tie rod bar causing the wheels to toe in, much softer ride but sloppy steering? I have to get a new steering box this winter, but it should not be this bad. ?:?

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
You need to do something to correct the angle. I would say a drop pitman arm or adjustable drag link would do the trick. Also, something needs to be done about the tracbar(locates the axle horizontally). Various EB vendors sell brackets that you can weld on the frame to drop one end of the tracbar down, and thus reducing the angle on it. Or, you can get an adjustable tracbar. All said, your goal is gonig to be getting your tierod and drag link as close to parallel and as close to the stock angle as possible. If they are all out of whack you are going to have major bumpsteer. Another thing youll want to look for, check the joints on the drag link and tierod. If they have play in them, that may be part of the sloppy steering.