• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front end springs out of EB measure 18" any idea lift? 2.5 or 3.5

tdog

Hello

I am looking at a set of EB springs that measure 18" long sitting on the shop floor. Does any body know what lift these might be? the guy thinks they are 2.5? but says may be 3.5? Not sure of manufacture of springs?

Thank you!!!!!

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Could be just about anything...are you sure they're EB springs and not F150 springs? Without the spring rate or manufacturer for comparison, we're just guessing. That said, there are some pretty good guessers here.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
it could be a moog cc 816 which is a havy ford truck spring it will give you like 3" of lift but it will ride like it has no springs unless you have a heavy winch, long steel cable, heavy plate bumper and a 460. Then it might ride OK but it will sit about the same ht as the stock spring does in stock trim. :)

look at the tailend or bottom of the spring if someone had to grind off the a piece of the tail to make it fit in the bronco spring cup its an f150 spring. Jeff bronco graveyard actually sells that spring or at least they did when I bought mine and pretends its a 2" lift bronco spring for like 3 times what you can buy it at oriely.

OP
OP
T

tdog

Looks like I will pass on these 18" long springs. My rig will have an old PTO winch and heavy plated bumper. I wonder if I need some heavier spings then a 3.5 advertised in the catalogs. Maybe purchase a 5" lift springs? Are this heavy Moog cc 816 factory Ford springs? F150 Srings? I am looking for a 3.5 to 4 lift. Not including the 1" body lift I have already installed.

Thank you