• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front fender removal???

Bronco Paul

Ok...so I finally mustered up all of the pieces I needed to fix my sagging door problem (inner fender, kick panel, door pillar, and hinges). Now...I need to get the front fender off! The clips have rusted in the ones that bolt the fender to the grill and the bolts just spin. I've heard that it is easier to remove the entire front clip than it is to just remove one fender...any truth to this??? I can get vise grips on most of the clips except the upper one close to the hood...some pics:

The hard to reach bolt is located where the grill and fender meet closet to the hood:
BoltLocation.jpg

This is what the clip now looks like...I can get my phone in there to take a picture but nothing else...no vise grips or rotary tools:
BoltLocation2B.jpg

...sorry about the images being so large, I tried sizing them down but nothing seem to work.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have actually taken a hack saw and cut the bolt very carefully , if you have enough room between the fender and the grill that's a real tough one

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Remove both fenders and grill as one peice its a lot easier and quicker, then you can get to the grill/fender bolts.

SMRacing

Loc.
Jacksonville NC
(both fenders and grill as one) good pair of vise grips as tight as you can on the clip side, soak with lots of penetrating oil and some blood, cussing, throwing stuff it will come off no problem.

T4x4R

Contributor
x2 on the vice grips and PB blaster. Thats what helped me get those dang rusted bolts off. Plus a case of beer and friend to help made it a lot easier to laugh while your knuckles are bleeding

bentendo

Or, order a new set of fender bolts & clips, slip a reciprocating saw through the crack and give it HELL.