• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front marker/turn conversion (cheap)

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Looks good! I can't recall the link I used to do mine, I stole my idea from Toddz and Thom Cheney. I think I modified mine and it cost me 3-4 dollars because I already had the small early lenses. I beleive the mod was in one of the bronco drivers mags.

Ben

OP
OP
malcolmzilla

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
Get yourself a marker light assembly from NAPA.

Cut the tie bar, bend a section back, and crimp a slot connector on a wire, slide it on and drill another hole out back for the extra circuit.

Cut 2 sheetmetal plates, about 5.5" x 3.25", align them in the signal light grille brackets and drill mounting holes where the old turn signal posts went thru, use sheetmetal screws to attach.

Place your cheapo light assembly, mark mounting (and ground) holes and drill, route your wires out the bottom, use longer sheetmetal screws to attach the light to the plate.

Terminate your wiring as desired, I chose the outer lights for turns and the inners for park, snap the lenses on, and test it out.

Attachments

• lens.JPG
    lens.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 31
  • lens 2.JPG
    lens 2.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 36
  • lens 3.JPG
    lens 3.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 42
  • plate.JPG
    plate.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 27
  • turn.JPG
    turn.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 64
  • park.JPG
    park.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
malcolmzilla

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
I'll probably order the early style lenses with my next big Wildhorses order...

This was just a thought that crossed my mind when I saw these lights while picking up some 15A fuses @ NAPA. I bet someone makes an LED that fits a lot tighter though...

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
I think I know what I doing when I hit up the garage later! One of my many little wiring projects with the earlier style lenses. Have to see what I have there.