• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

fuel boiling in carb

Big Slim

i was working in the garage after driving the bronco and sounded like something pressurized burst. maybe a valve in the carb. it was definitly fuel and wet around the carb. ive seen some spacers and heat shields but i dont think i have room for them. i have a motorcraft 2 barrel and a edelbrock intake. is there any insulation that i can put around the bowls?

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
You should have room for a spacer. I run a 1/2" spacer and 2" cleaner with no body lift.

jeffmo

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
I re-routed my fuel line up and over the wheel well to get further from the header. Worked like a charm, but dosen't seem like the fuel pump stays primed like it used to.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Insulated base gaskets help. They are usually 1/8" or 3/16" thick material, available at some of the better parts shops (napa, local mom-n-pop shops, etc)