• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel Hose Recomendations?

pinenuts

Loc.
Hereford, AZ
I have yet to find fuel hose that lasts longer than a few years. Most of what I have came from either Napa or Kragens. A friend said the best hose to use is actually hydraulic hose. It is very expensive, but I will spring for it if it really is better, and if it is compatable with gas. Anyone have any comments or recomendations?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I think that the price of standard fuel line and the small amount of it you actually need is low enough that repalcing it every few years is worth it. You could get fuel injection line its more prices and made for gas. Not totally sure about hydraulic line it may be or may not be good for fuel lines. Whats happening to your hoses to cause replacement? are they cracking? if so then you may have them routed to close to heat sources. You can either reroute them or install a heat shield to protect them.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I work with hydraulic systems, and the hoses used in this stuff is really made for abuse. it is kindof expensive but it'll pretty much last forever.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Aeroquip AQP hose and re-usable fittings is what we use.

OP
OP
pinenuts

pinenuts

Loc.
Hereford, AZ
I just checked the Aeroquip hose. It is rated for gasoline. I think I will give it a try. Thanks for the help.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
pinenuts said:
I just checked the Aeroquip hose. It is rated for gasoline. .

LOL..I would say it is..it's what they use on NASCAR machines for fuel and their dry-sump oil systems.:cool:

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
i'm with you new gas hose sucks ....i've had to replace mine twice since my bronco was built about 3 years ago ...I used to own a parts house and I didn't used to have this trouble ...But I went to o really !! last week end and got hose to replace mine I just couldnt give 30.00 for 3 feet of hose ..so I bought the old fuel hose and I'll replace it next year ....again...

commonlaw

Loc.
Seattle
Please forgive a complete greenhorn but are you guys speaking about the conduit between the tank and the pump or the conduit between the pump and the carb?

OP
OP
pinenuts

pinenuts

Loc.
Hereford, AZ
I was refering to the hose from my rear tank to the tank selector valve, But I think I am going to replace all the fuel hose with hydraulic hose. It is expensive, but not as expensive as burning up my truck!