• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

fuel leaking form carburetor.

nate213

Loc.
West jordan, Utah
so i had to replace my fuel pressure regulator. once i had it hooked up, it started leaking from underneath the air filter on my carburetor. is there supposed to be something on this part or is it an overflow?
IMG_1566-1.jpg

BUCKNBRONK

Loc.
fresno
its the bowl vent/ overflow, sounds like ur needle & seat are bad, or the float is bad or stuck. why run a reg.? are u running a high pressure pump? kind of overkill if u are on a 2v carb.

OP
OP
nate213

nate213

Loc.
West jordan, Utah
its the bowl vent/ overflow, sounds like ur needle & seat are bad, or the float is bad or stuck. why run a reg.? are u running a high pressure pump? kind of overkill if u are on a 2v carb.

The truck came with the regulator. It's a low pressure one too. 1-5psi. I first noticed it after I put on the new reg. I never even messed with the air filter while I was putting it on. I'm learning about carbureted motors as I go. It seems the previous owner/owners neglected this ol gal.

OP
OP
nate213

nate213

Loc.
West jordan, Utah

The truck came with the regulator. It's a low pressure one too. 1-5psi. I first noticed it after I put on the new reg. I never even messed with the air filter while I was putting it on. I'm learning about carbureted motors as I go. It seems the previous owner/owners neglected this ol gal.

OP
OP
nate213

nate213

Loc.
West jordan, Utah

I'm also wondering if there is supposed to b a hose coming off of the vent and connected to something.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
That vent is supposed to be hooked to a charcoal cannister to catch vapors.
I's suggest rebuilding your carb new needle seat should cure your issue and its just a small part of the much need TLC it needs.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Check the accelerator pump diaphragm. They are famous for suddenly developing a small tear and dribbling down and all over the intake. Just fixed this on the '72. Not obvious until you see the wetness on the pump arm.

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
If you're running a mechanical fuel pump, you shouldn't need the regulator anyway. If it's electric, you probably want it regulated around 4.5 psi or so.

If it started leaking after you adjusted/replaced it, you're probably delivering too much pressure to the carb now. Dial it back a bit and see what happens.