• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel Line Connection on Original Tank

NC_Pinz

Folks,

Before I drop the tank, can someone tell me if there is a rubber hose that connects the original plastic fuel line to the tank?

Mine had the aux. tank, but it has been removed and a rubber 'jumper' installed to connect the steel line to the plastic line. That hose was failing and leaking fuel. I'd like to get all the original rubber fuel lines out of the system and think the only one remaining would be on top of the fuel tank.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, on the stock style tanks you can see the sender, wires, and hose from the front of the tank, behind the rear end. Good luck

Apache Bronco

Loc.
Roosevelt, AZ
I am doing this right now. Mine had a short piece of rubber hose from the nipple to the 5/8 black plastic line held on by steel crimp bands. The hose was rock hard. The plastic line, oddly, was pinched in areas that there wasn't frame clamps. I am converting to 5/16 steel line today. I also bought a new mech. Fuel pump with a 5/16 inlet barb.

OP
OP
N

NC_Pinz

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking that there had to be a hose of some sort, but with the plastic line, I could also see it connecting directly.

I'll make plans after my brake rebuild to drop the tank. I'll most likely replace the plastic line as well. I want all the old rubber out, so I have the option of running normally available gas (w/ its max of 10% ethanol) in lieu of pure gas.