• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel pump install

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Hey guys, please excuse my dumbness on this question. Im ready to install my new efi electric fuel pump ( old one took a crap). Do I need to "pinch" the supply line so gas isn't flowing out all over? Truck has a full tank, and braided fuel lines. Do I put a clamp on both sides of the pump? I have some of those plastic radiator hose clamps for pinching off the radiator hoses,will those work? Or can I just use vise grips? Also, hopefully, the fittings will work. Going from a bosch, to a Walbro. The walbro is nearly identical, so im hoping it fits. Thanks guys. Jim %)

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If it's braided line why don't you just find a bolt with the right diameter 3/8 etc and stick in in there and clamp it if it leaks ,
Pinching breaded steel line will always leave and indentation

OP
OP
jmangi62

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
If it's braided line why don't you just find a bolt with the right diameter 3/8 etc and stick in in there and clamp it if it leaks ,
Pinching breaded steel line will always leave and indentation

I was worried about that. I like your suggestion better,thanks.

PDQ

Contributor
Golf tees work well depending on fuel line size

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I just put my thumb over it, laid the old pump down and plugged the new pump in. Lost very little fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk