• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel rail v distributor

shamus

I put a 5.0 in my 74, I'm having a problem with the right fuel rail resting against the distributor not allowing me to even turn it to adjust the timing. It's an EFI type distributor, I have braded fuel line with racing connectors. Even with the 90' elbow, the fuel rail pushes against the distributor when I tighten down the rail??????????

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
I used a fuel rail from a 88 lincoln mark vii and it fit fine with the oiginal distributor, but when I tried to put in a Pro Comp Billet distributor it caused interfernece. I bent the end of the rail slightly so it would clear the dist.

OP
OP
S

shamus

Are you running the '80s-'93 distributor or the '94/5 remote TFI distributor?

The wiring harnes is from an 86 Mustang, so I'm running 86 distributor w/module. The module is not the problem though. The housing/bell that the distributor cap snaps to is.
Thanks James

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I was asking becasue the '94/5 distributor is shorter then the early ones. I had an issue once before. Took some creativity to make the fuel rail clearing tall distributor work with the remote TFI system.