• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel tank vent line routing on 77 ?

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
Does anybody have good pics or diagram for the fuel tank vent routing on a 77 ?

I know it goes along the outside of passenger frame rail.

Hose from tank to steel line which mounts (how / where ?) then back to hose which connects to check valve, then rubber hose from check valve to charcoal canister ?

I can't figure out where the OEM steel tubing piece mounts.

Any help would be awesome !

plumbdoctor

Loc.
Golden
It should mount on the cross brace under the floor...IIRC the tube will have the slip clips that slip and bite onto the top rail of the cross brace (floor brace)

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I just looked at that on Royce's '77. The vent line comes outside the frame way back near the front of the tank. Its all steel except maybe where it connects to the tank, rollover valve and canister.

OP
OP
Rox Crusher

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
I'm interested I this topic for my '76 as well. Got a picture or link for the check valve?

I am pretty sure the inline check valve / roll over valve is specific to the 77 configuration but you could certainly put them on earlier models if you wanted

You can still get them at the parts stores

When I get mine all back together I will post pics for everyone

rdanford

Rox,

Got your PM....I'll try to snap a picture or two tonight. Phil is correct, mine is not currently hooked up properly (another story) but will be shortly.

landshark99

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Montrose, Colorado
mine is fully hooked up and routed. your more than welcome to look at it on sat or i can take some detailed pics. the only place its not stock is the connection below the engine bay.