• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel Tank Vent

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Hey guys so I'm running an in tank fuel pump and I bought a Tanks Fuel Vent to control the fumes. My fuel pump is the aeromotive pump and it has a Vent port on it which i will be running a hose from to the Tanks fuel vent.

So my question is can I block off the vent from the gas tube or just leave the original one and run the second fuel vent? I hope I'm making sense with my explanation . Below is a picture of the fuel vent that I'll be using.

Thanks

ac0d9cdce43b18adb40b4f0311461eea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No carbon canister? You will be smelling fuel with that option.

OP
OP
SSDDBRONCO

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
No carbon canister? You will be smelling fuel with that option.

Naw don't have one of those. Just trying to decide if I should keep the gas tank vent and run the tank vent as well or just block off the gas tank vent.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There are two "vent" lines, one to the canister in the engine compartment, and one which returns to the fuel filler neck hose.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
For the most part, no we are not running aftermarket vents.
Either we have an early vented gas cap or a charcoal canister to control vapors.
The few that may be running a different vent are probably using racing fuel cells.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's a rollover vent, I don't see how it alone will do anything to control fumes. I'm running a fuel cell that has a vent very similar to that. I had to run a hose and put a filter on the end of it to get the fumes away from my rear seat passengers.

OP
OP
SSDDBRONCO

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
That's a rollover vent, I don't see how it alone will do anything to control fumes. I'm running a fuel cell that has a vent very similar to that. I had to run a hose and put a filter on the end of it to get the fumes away from my rear seat passengers.

Ya it is a roll over vent. I temporarily have the vent hose hanging off the rear of my bumper. Every time I fill up at the gas stations I notice a large amount of fumes exiting the end of the hose and I though that it can be dangerous if something were to ignite it. You don't think the roll over vent would control the fumes? Also what filter are you using for the tank? Have any pics that you can share?

Thanks

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't have a pic of where its at now, but the little filter you see on top of the tank is the filter I used. In the pic it's attached to a rollover vent built into the tank. I removed the filter and ran a hose along the pickup and return hose back thru the floor and up to area where the side used to be above the frame, put the filter back on and have it attached there. It's been like that since last summer with no issues, no strong fuel smell.

Attachments

• DSC02315.jpg
    DSC02315.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 44

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
I don't have a pic of where its at now, but the little filter you see on top of the tank is the filter I used. In the pic it's attached to a rollover vent built into the tank. I removed the filter and ran a hose along the pickup and return hose back thru the floor and up to area where the side used to be above the frame, put the filter back on and have it attached there. It's been like that since last summer with no issues, no strong fuel smell.

No pressure or vacuum buildup in the tank? Running the vent hose like you describe sounds like you created a p-trap. If any fuel ends up in there it'll seal off the vent.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Haven't had any issues with it. The filter is about even with the bottom of the tank. Whatever fuel might end up in the line I guess gets pushed out with pressure if there is any. It's never been wet or shown any signs of fuel coming out.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
sorry off topic, 3 bars on Sprint LTE, dang, that's a first, hee hee.. :)