• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fun time doing an easy then more difficult recovery

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Neighbor got his truck stuck yesterday. I swung by to pull him out, easy peasy, 2wd truck, not buried, hooked up the ol’ snatch rope and gave a gentle tug….

Attachments

• IMG_1698.jpeg
    IMG_1698.jpeg
    256.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1697.jpeg
    IMG_1697.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Well should have had much more commitment…. My wife mows this so I was being gentle 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ doesn’t look very stuck, flat ground or not it was just sinking, forwards, backwards, idling they were all 4 spinning….. 😖

Attachments

• IMG_1699.jpeg
    IMG_1699.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 44

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Nice work Steve. Glad to know I’m not the only one to ever be stuck on flat ground. Lol

ksagis

Contributor
Aspiring Bronco Guru
Got a somewhat similarly funny story, back in the early 90s a buddy had a dually (only 2 wheel drive), stuck in wet grass at friend’s parents house - we’re in early 20s.

The guys dad comes out, get out his VW Rabbit, slings my buddy a rope, and pulls out the dually. Priceless!

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Sounds like "sugar snow"... never want a video of you sitting there with all four 40"s gently spinning at idle in maybe 2" of snow... lol

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Sounds like "sugar snow"... never want a video of you sitting there with all four 40"s gently spinning at idle in maybe 2" of snow... lol
We have “sugar sand” down here. Will put one on the frame if perchance you were to ‘slightly’ spin 7.50-16s…or so I’ve been told.
Is that the same thing as “sugar snow”?

Randy

nvrstuk

Contributor
Probably similar stuff. You can stand next to your rig on compact snow and your tires as they are spinning do not move ANY bits of snow at all. ZIP, none.

You could leave it there 5 min and it wouldn't have sunk a 1/2".

I will try to find a video where I am sitting in about a foot of sugar snow with all 4 wheels spinning and I'm 50' away taking a video of it. lol

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Probably similar stuff. You can stand next to your rig on compact snow and your tires as they are spinning do not move ANY bits of snow at all. ZIP, none.

You could leave it there 5 min and it wouldn't have sunk a 1/2".

I will try to find a video where I am sitting in about a foot of sugar snow with all 4 wheels spinning and I'm 50' away taking a video of it. lol
Had an instance like that with my Ram with the stock tires on it…. Working it back and forth on the hump at a gas station entrance. Truck would walk back and forth but not even shake forward or back on 1-1-1/2” of snow. Flinally cleaned enough of it off that it moved. When I finally got it home new tires were ordered. Next event was ice. New tires were better on ice in 2wd than the originals were on snow in 4wd. I was not impressed, nor a happy camper… truck with 12k on it getting new tires and they were less than 50% left. Love the Maxxis razr AT’s on it.

nvrstuk

Contributor
I'm about to order some new MT, Baja MT's. Would love to try 42's for the snow but the rest of the year I just don't need them... It is amazing what a tread pattern will and won't do. My most obvious example was the Toyo's! :( Holy cow, what a WORTHLESS tire on anything but hard blacktop under an 8,000# truck. Rubber is so hard I drove them for 6 yrs and didn't wear off any tread. They are the only tire I've ever had that I lose speed, yea actually lose speed going downhill from my house (same road, same vehicle, same "test" for the last 47 yrs) as the rolling resistance is so high on them!

People love them but all they know is mileage.

Last edited: