• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuse Replacement - '74

Seattle Rob

Hi

Down to the short strokes on my Bronco project and blew my 15 amp fuse over the weekend. I went to several auto supply stores and electronics shops and was surprised to find out that my 15 amp / 8ag fuse was a very odd size and something they couldn't replace. I then took out my other fuses and received a similar answer.

I know very little/anything about this, but was looking to see if anyone knew where I could buy a full replacement fuse package (I have the original panel). I don't want to screw anything up with hot swaps/otherwise so would love any resources on the exact fuse package and anywhere I could buy this.

Pic of "close to final" (famous last words) project below.

Rob

Attachments

• Bronco.jpg
    Bronco.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 31

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, my PEP Boys has a good fuse assortment. My Littlelfuse pack from PEP Boys has a full size drawing of 7 glass fuse sizes. Good luck

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Go to a real parts store. Unless Autozone or Kragen has them on the shelf, the guys that work there won't have any idea how to get them.

A decent Napa should easily be able to get a pack for you.

OP
OP
S

Seattle Rob

Thanks for the responses. Dumb question - but can I just provide year/make and they can put together a fuse pack? I was searching all over for the specs of the fuses and couldn't find them outside of amps.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Here are some common fuse trade numbers.

Attachments

• fuse trade numbers.JPG
    fuse trade numbers.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 165