• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gas Tank Question

Bronco71

Loc.
Farmers Branch, TX
Will 77 main and aux tanks fit in a 71? I am doing an efi conversion and noticed the 77 tanks have a vent hose I could use for a return line. The catalogs list stock replacement tanks up to 76 with a different one for 77 and I am not sure what the difference is? Thanks, David

rottonat40

77 main tank is 1 year only, bubble tank is what i call it and special skid plate & strap also. aux tank is same for all years except for maybe being vented or non vented. also special filler hose is needed. hope this helps ;D

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
the 77 is plastic and slightly larger is size. i think it holds about 2 gal more. it should bolt right in if you have all the parts and pieces.
hth
nick

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
The tanks will work. Go for it!!
Hanging hardware is different but that should be the only difference.

TOFIC

OP
OP
B

Bronco71

Loc.
Farmers Branch, TX
Great! Thanks for all the input. Since my tanks are in questionable shape and I don't have the $$$ for new ones this will take care of the return lines and the bad tanks at once and maybe give me a couple more gallons too!