• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

gas tank vaccum

sengen

My tank is creating a vaccum that restricts gas flow to the engine. I have tried multiple gas caps to improve venting but have had no luck. Any ideas?

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
What year is your Bronco & what caps have you tried? Earlier ones use a cap that allows air in to fill the space as fuel is pumped out. On later trucks the air is provided thru the vapor recovery system. If you are using later caps on an earlier truck, or on a truck that has had its vapor system capped off/plugged, it will cause a vacuum in the tank.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
all broncos use vented caps even the later emissions type setups. As air still needs to be allowed into the tank to prevent vacuum you most likely need a new gas cap.

OP
OP
S

sengen

It's a 1976. I have tried a stainless steel cap from Wild Horses and the most recent is a chrome gas cap for models 1971-1976 from Bronco Graveyard.