• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gas, Temp and Oil gauges not working ?

Gsxr7000

Contributor
Ok...so I've read all of the treads. Gas, oil and temp were pegging with old ICR. Placed 2 new IRC and both are doing nothing. I ran a ground strap from the back of gauge cluster to where the emergency brake bolts to the dash. Nothing...
Should I run the strap from behind ICR or the bolt to the right or left of the ICR..
On a side note. I have gotten good at being up side down in the floor doing this.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
It’s even easier (in a warped kind of way) to work behind dash if the driver’s seat is out of the vehicle so your legs have a place to be. Lol

Randy

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Times two on removing the driver seat! But you can also remove the driver side air vents from under the hood which gives surprisingly good access to the back of the dash. Although I’ve spent very little time that way, it seems to be very helpful.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA

Gsxr7000...​

I recently noticed that my temperature gauge was running at 120. I have a 194 degree thremostat. I figured that it was time to replace the thermostat until I noticed my fuel was empty and my oil pressure was low too. A bit later, all the gauges became normal again. I'm sure there's a problem, so I'll be watching this thread.
Also,I have a short folding painter's scaffold that I lay on while working under the dash, but usually I pull the driver vent out to get to the gauges in particular.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Ok...so I've read all of the treads. Gas, oil and temp were pegging with old ICR. Placed 2 new IRC and both are doing nothing. I ran a ground strap from the back of gauge cluster to where the emergency brake bolts to the dash. Nothing...
Should I run the strap from behind ICR or the bolt to the right or left of the ICR..
On a side note. I have gotten good at being up side down in the floor doing this.
Might take some voltage readings on both terminals of the IVR. Reference to ground at the cluster and also to a known good ground under the dash like the firewall. Should see about 12V on one side of IVR and a fluctuating voltage on the other side.

OP
OP
Gsxr7000

Gsxr7000

Contributor
I have door bars that run down by the seats and tie to the cage and floor. I don't mind the in the floor upside down much as I do the gauges not working. Plus side my 2 boys 9 and 7 love holding the light and handing me the wrench...lol