• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gateway Buckshot Mudders

LTL4life

Loc.
The FROZEN TURDRA
Flashback...I grew up on a set of 38.5 Gumbo monster mudders.Didn't get stuck much,but the roads to the camp in Tensas were hell because of the D9 Cats draggin the oil tanker trucks out of the blue gumbo roads.It aint no fun driving old axles in the mud and winching towards them for a mile or so.Good times for sure.Two batteries and a good alt. are a must.

Gateway Gumbo Monster Mudders were the cats ass of mud tires in the early
90's. I bought a set of the 38.5 Monster mudder radials from Arizona Desert
Rat in 1990 for my 84 Ranger. I wheeled this truck in Hollister and Pismo when i was stationed in Ft. Ord and shipped the truck to Germany and wheeled it in the black forest while stationed there and never got stuck. The ride was Super smooth on the hiway too. Found an old pic of the ranger parked at the wash rack on taylor Barracks in Mannheim.

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
here are some on the latest bronco purchase. They will be taken off in the next few days because they are extremely dry rotted.

Attachments

• slimer2.jpg
    slimer2.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 69

Phoneman

Loc.
South Carolina
I like that one Lane. Might have to do like surfer b and find me some 16" stockers and get some of those p78's for hunting season they would look nasty on the 67. Just put a set of bfg at's on it Monday

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
In the mud of the Ms. Delta, there was no better tire than the Qs. I run them beside almost every tire made and nothing could do better.

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
So Lane, YOU'RE the new owner of the '73 I lost a deposit on! Sure wanted to bring her home but just couldn't do it. Is she nice? Looks great.

Mac

here are some on the latest bronco purchase. They will be taken off in the next few days because they are extremely dry rotted.

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So Lane, YOU'RE the new owner of the '73 I lost a deposit on! Sure wanted to bring her home but just couldn't do it. Is she nice? Looks great.

Mac

Hey Mac, it is nice. I had to replace the motor due to a blow head gasket 20 years ago (why it had not been driven in 20 years) as the water in the cylinder had messed up the #3 cylinder wall.

I also had to swap out the rear end with another one that i had because it roared really bad.

I got a few more things to do it.

tolbert

I bought a set and have been really happy with them. Not a good road tire obviously- but great for the messy stuff. wh.jpg

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
I think those are different than what everybody else is talking about. Aren't those radials? Good tires none the less!

tolbert

They are the Gateway Buckshot Mudders from OK4WD- so I think are the same as ones being discussed.

tolbert

My understanding is that Maxxis bought Gateway and now makes the Buckshot Mudder.

tolbert

Yep- I think you are right. I bought mine from OK4WD but they aren't as knobby and skinny. I love those!