• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gauge Cluster Guage Pods

triracer67

Contributor
I recently took apart an extra gauge cluster that I've had to better understand, and maybe refurb for current driver. I removed the oil/temp/fuel pods and took the front covers to discover the all look the same: one wire that goes from post to gauge needle (wrapped many times) to other gauge post. Question is, are all the pods the same, and can you just put different face plates on them, or, does the amount of wraps on the gauge needle determine the amount of ohms it takes to move it?

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
The fuel, oil, and water temp gauges are the same, but with different face plates. 10-72 ohm sweep. The amp gauge is different.

Mark

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, I know the water temp and fuel will swap spots. I am using a temp gauge in place of a fuel gauge because I have spare clusters, but no working fuel gauges. Now 170 is full and 120 is empty. I don't think the oil pressure gauge will bolt into the upper spots. Good luck