• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gauge cluster idea/question

vesparex

Good morning all,

So I am adding a triple gauge set with oil/water temp/volt gauges. That will leave me with 3 dead gauges in the stock cluster.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to replace one of those 3 gauges with another fuel gauge so both tank levels can be seen without switching?

Really just thinking about this so I don’t have all the inoperative gauges.

Thanks! Duane

Chicago71Bronco

Loc.
Chicagoland
Good idea. Search for "gauge cluster refurbishing" and check out the thread by Fallingdown. Post number 662 has what you might be looking for....

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Fuel gauge is same shape as temp and oil gauges so it should work. All 3 work exactly the same electrically too. So you could just slap the fuel sender wire on an existing oil or temp gauge and it will work but the scale is different of course.

Thunder26

You can do it I tried it personally and fits right in place at the bottom on the other side.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I have seen several Ford trucks in the junkyard with the same gauge cluster that had two Fuel gauges in them. It appeared that they were factory as the wiring was all there and didn't appear to be added on after the fact.

tobinj

Loc.
Martinsburg, WV
I had Kevin in the vendor forum refurbish mine and added a second fuel gauge. Came out pretty awesome

Attachments

• Guage.jpg
    Guage.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 48
  • guage 2.jpg
    guage 2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
vesparex

vesparex

I had Kevin in the vendor forum refurbish mine and added a second fuel gauge. Came out pretty awesome

So that’s YOURS! ;D Looks great!

I actually have 3 fuel tanks. So end plan would be to have 3 "stock" gauges. The 3rd tank is a dealer installed aftermarket and as of now, doesn’t yet have a float.

Now to just find 1 or 2 original, patina'd fuel gauges...

Duane