• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Getting ready for spray in bed liner... which bolts to not cover??

adnedarn

Hello! I'm getting ready to have my EB tub sprayed by Line-x but could really use some help on which bolts I should have taken out, the tub sprayed, and then reinserted. Honestly, I'm not sure which are body mounts (I guess two by the rear gate, and the two in the floor boards, but I'm sure there are more?) there seem to be a ton of bolts all over, and I just have a hard time believing they actually go to stuff. Maybe some are for the driver's side gas tank? If anyone has a diagram, or a pic they could label off the "needed" bolts/holes it would be much appriciated!! (I'm going to talk to the roll cage guy on Monday about putting all the seat mounts and seat belts onto the roll cage, so hopefully I won't need to save any of those holes.)
Thanks kindly!!
Andrew

hmh800

You're going to need a lot of those threaded holes, but if they're not blocked off now, I don't see why you won't be able to run a tap through them later to clean 'um up.

OP
OP
adnedarn

adnedarn

I'm not looking to slack, it just doesn't seem that this many things would be bolted through the floor. Here is an example pic (Unfortunately they kinda blend in with the stripped floor...)

IMG_1627.JPG

The things that don't belong/never need to be accessed I'll just have covered, but I'd hate to cover something I may need in the future.

Thanks,
Andrew

Edit: Exchanged photo for one with color coding. I think I marked them all....

Last edited:

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
If you are running stock seats and seat belts, believe it or not, you WILL use all those holes...in combination with the body mounts.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
You need some primer/sealer on that floor before you put down ANY bedliner material or I promise you WILL have major rust issues in a few years after moisture seeps through the liner material...

OP
OP
adnedarn

adnedarn

trailpsycho- What are the big Phillip head screws for (red dots)? Did he use those just to preserve factory threaded holes? There was corbeau seats and seat belts installed when I bought it, and none of those holes were used, They were covered by his liner stuff.

needabronco- They are going to do the primer before spraying in the liner.

Thanks,
Andrew

OP
OP
adnedarn

adnedarn

Huh, no kidding. I didn't know the half cabs were even interchangeable. Interesting!