• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Getting ready to install

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
I have never done this before but I am getting ready to install my 2100 carb and manual choke cable on my 69. Is there anything I should know before I start. Looks pretty straight forward. Thanks

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, take your time, make sure all the old gasket is cleaned off the carb mount on the manifold, and use a new rubber fuel hose that should come with the new filter. Don't over tighten any nuts and bolts. You will have to crank the engine over for a minute or so while the bowl fills before it will start so don't freak out if it takes some time. after it is running you will have to adjust the idle speed and idle mixture screws, these should be set by you per your Chiltons book about 1 1/2 turns out after lightly bottoming the in. After it is running you will probably have to adjust the high idle on the choke side. Before you close the hood make sure there is no fuel leak. Good luck

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
If you have a spacer under the carb make sure you replace its gasket too. Make sure the gaskets you use will actually seal the surface it needs to. flip the carb and or the spacer and actually check the fit of each gasket before you go bolting it all together. After a week recheck the mounting nuts as the gaskets will compress some.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Is this a new (to you) carb or one you rebuilt? If you rebuilt it, the kit has set up instructions. The fuel level has to be set. The fuel level is not the float level. There are also several adjustments to the manual choke. The idle mixture screw initial 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 setting is just that. It's just intended to get the the engine running. After the engine gets to operating temperature you'll need to set the mixture to what is called lean best idle. The Edelbrock Performer owner's manual describes this well. It's on their site.